Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you win a cup for beating us , because your triumphal celebrations were worthy of one ?
We won no cup but we won respect and recognition for being the first team to beat you this season in a match that mattered. I hope you win all your remaining league games this season.

Really blues let them enjoy this one, I'd have been over the moon to get rid of the Anfield hoodoo however it came, gifts from their defence or not.

Really blues let them enjoy this one, I'd have been over the moon to get rid of the Anfield hoodoo however it came, gifts from their defence or not.
To be fair I thought all 7 goals were decent finishes, three of ours were from outside the box.

To be fair I thought all 7 goals were decent finishes, three of ours were from outside the box.
Nothing wrong with the finishes I agree(well taken) but it was how the chances came, first goal I will give you... second I wont get into too much(Stones and the ref had a huge hand) ... goals 3 and 4 were blunders due to our players losing their heads for 9 mins with NO ASSIST to either of them(yet some of your fans are claiming you were the ones hard done by not having it finish 4-1...). The pass into Otamendi was a mistake in itself as well as Otamendi's first touch on the 3rd, great finish but he should never have had such a chance. The ball was sloppily given away during an attack on the 4th and a poor clearance from Eddie along with the wind helped that into Salah's path.

All I will say is that 9mins were at odds with the rest of the game which was very even to be fair, we enjoyed more possession and more of it in the final 3rd but you looked hungrier and more mobile when you did get there. I was disappointed with the lack of movement from our front 3, KDB was having a great game for me they just weren't making the runs for him. Sterling went in his shell early on due to the crowd, Aguero went missing for most of the game, Sané tried to be fair but didn't drag the game by the scruff of the neck exactly to show the other 2 how it's done.

Yes, they were all well taken goals

Mane's was spectacular. The Ox hit a good shot and Salahs was nicely controlled but Manes was a superb finish.

For ours, Gundogan and Silva took them very well but Sanes was a beaut including his chest control and movement

All I will say is that 9mins were at odds with the rest of the game which was very even to be fair, we enjoyed more possession and more of it in the final 3rd but you looked hungrier and more mobile when you did get there. I was disappointed with the lack of movement from our front 3, KDB was having a great game for me they just weren't making the runs for him. Sterling went in his shell early on due to the crowd, Aguero went missing for most of the game, Sané tried to be fair but didn't drag the game by the scruff of the neck exactly to show the other 2 how it's done.

I thought up to Firminhos goals we had started the second half very well and in full control.

I agree the liverpool front 3 looked a lot more fluid and combined than ours. But our wingers are told to stay wide and let the midfield do the combinations whereas with liverpool , Salah, Firminho and Mane seemed to move as a unit so were never as far apart from each other as we have Sane/Sterling/Aguero.

I thought up to Firminhos goals we had started the second half very well and in full control.

I agree the liverpool front 3 looked a lot more fluid and combined than ours. But our wingers are told to stay wide and let the midfield do the combinations whereas with liverpool , Salah, Firminho and Mane seemed to move as a unit so were never as far apart from each other as we have Sane/Sterling/Aguero.
Yes we looked good at that start of the second half in the ascendency but I meant over the course of the whole 90 take that 9mins out and what do you have. Also I agree Pep tells them to hug the touchline to add width but when Kev was in space the idea is to make the runs in behind, give him something to hit... Aguero was barely trying it(one was offside, the other he made too late/wasn't fast enough to get to the near post), Sterling and Sané I can't seem to remember them even coming close to getting on the end of anything or making a run that should have been found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.