Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Stone‏ @sistoney67 4m4 minutes ago

There is a clause in Jonny Evans' @WBA contract that allows him to leave for £3m in summer if they are relegated. Club not pushing him out of door but Alan Pardew needs funds for a striker.
Far, far, far too expensive, don't think they need to worry about anyone poaching him when they go down.

I guess they are in trouble then, I suppose the moral of the story is they shouldn't have got greedy in the summer when a number of clubs(including our own)were sniffing around. Hopefully City have moved on and JFE is playing in the Championship somewhere next season
Hope this the end of the story for us as we won't give them 20m or whatever now we know that

Hope this the end of the story for us as we won't give them 20m or whatever now we know that
If I had to guess, I would say this comes from JFE side and he is looking to force a move away from the club, prompting WBA to lower the fee, as long as it doesn't attract our attention I'm happy(although I don't have anything against WBA)

Serious question here but is all the hostility to JFE just down to the fact that he played for Utd?

We need four centre backs. Fourth choice will get limited games but it's viral that they come in do a decent job when needed through injuries or before a big European night. This is what he did throughout his time at Utd. He never moaned was happy to be a squad plater. I think this is why Utd were so successful. They had numerous players like him who good but not amazing (Nicky Butt another one that springs to mind) who contributed at key times in the season.

We really need someone in this window as Kompany as can't be relied on, and Mangala is not good enough. Imagine Stones or Otta out for the season and Mangala plays in CL against Barca. I think he would do a good job for us if given the chance.

Serious question here but is all the hostility to JFE just down to the fact that he played for Utd?

We need four centre backs. Fourth choice will get limited games but it's viral that they come in do a decent job when needed through injuries or before a big European night. This is what he did throughout his time at Utd. He never moaned was happy to be a squad plater. I think this is why Utd were so successful. They had numerous players like him who good but not amazing (Nicky Butt another one that springs to mind) who contributed at key times in the season.

We really need someone in this window as Kompany as can't be relied on, and Mangala is not good enough. Imagine Stones or Otta out for the season and Mangala plays in CL against Barca. I think he would do a good job for us if given the chance.

He makes Mangala look like Beckenbeur.

er have you read this thread at all????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.