Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the type of comment on BM that dismisses any sort of credibility to these discussions.
It's an opinion.

I'm sure others have different ones and are quiet rightly allowed to air them. If I'm proved wrong I'll put my hands up.

So should we not buy Evans - and keep our little fingers crossed that VK miraculously becomes injury free, and Mangalas performances improve 100%?...

Last edited:
Serious question here but is all the hostility to JFE just down to the fact that he played for Utd?

We need four centre backs. Fourth choice will get limited games but it's viral that they come in do a decent job when needed through injuries or before a big European night. This is what he did throughout his time at Utd. He never moaned was happy to be a squad plater. I think this is why Utd were so successful. They had numerous players like him who good but not amazing (Nicky Butt another one that springs to mind) who contributed at key times in the season.

We really need someone in this window as Kompany as can't be relied on, and Mangala is not good enough. Imagine Stones or Otta out for the season and Mangala plays in CL against Barca. I think he would do a good job for us if given the chance.

I have to say that this post is full of good sense. Pep is concerned with City's immediate future in four competitions and the personnel he needs rather than the past of an individual. IF pep thinks Evans can improve our squad then I hope we get him - Pep's is an opinion I trust infinitely more than the dodgy views of some who appear to think that hatred of United is the only real measure of anyone's blue credentials.

I have to say that this post is full of good sense. Pep is concerned with City's immediate future in four competitions and the personnel he needs rather than the past of an individual. IF pep thinks Evans can improve our squad then I hope we get him - Pep's is an opinion I trust infinitely more than the dodgy views of some who appear to think that hatred of United is the only real measure of anyone's blue credentials.
you didnt read it either

So should we not but Evans - and keep our little fingers crossed that VK miraculously becomes injury free, and Mangalas performances improve 100%?...
We've not really struggled without Evans so far this season.

er have you read this thread at all????

Not worth it if you haven't @FrankSwift1 over 800 pages, and from the dips in I've had, much of it nonsense, based on exactly what you suggest. I think he's worth considering, esp looking at and comparing to who plays at CB (3rd/4th choice) for some of the other top teams

Who would have ever thought Johnny Effan Evans would generate 850 pages on Blue Moon? "Well I'll be buggered" my old Dad would have said.

I agree.

People are slagging off this potential transfer without applying context.He would be arriving as a 3rd or 4th choice,with a great attitude,a very good injury record,a wealth of experience and,despite the nonsense posted,plenty enough ability to perform in a ball playing system.

I too would prefer to sign the next breakthrough superstar,but given we have an excellent first choice partnership that continues to develop and improve,causing disruption to such would make no sense.Signing a player like Evans wouldnt impact on that but would still offer very good cover when required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.