Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

People are slagging off this potential transfer without applying context.He would be arriving as a 3rd or 4th choice,with a great attitude,a very good injury record,a wealth of experience and,despite the nonsense posted,plenty enough ability to perform in a ball playing system.

I too would prefer to sign the next breakthrough superstar,but given we have an excellent first choice partnership that continues to develop and improve,causing disruption to such would make no sense.Signing a player like Evans wouldnt impact on that but would still offer very good cover when required.

+1. But some folk can’t see the bigger picture

Most of the pages are explaining to certain individuals it's not cos he's an ex red

It's coz he's wank

No one reads though

No - the animosity is because he played for the rags. We should be able to move past this. If Pep thinks Evans will solve an immediate problem whilst chasing 4 trophies, then it should be good enough for us.

No - the animosity is because he played for the rags. We should be able to move past this. If Pep thinks Evans will solve an immediate problem whilst chasing 4 trophies, then it should be good enough for us.
Not for me......Plenty of ex Utd played for us - no problems

It's my opinion BUT Ive also said IF he surprises me I'll come on board and will support him if he signs anyway.

Otherwise he's still wank until he proves me otherwise

I've seen lots of evidence of him not being very good. It isnt difficult

So why exactly is he “wank”. Many professionals & managers think he’s a sound player.

He is wank because he is nowhere near the standard we require, this is also evidenced by not being required at Man Utd and going on to play for these other big clubs after, Sunderland and WBA, also he is 30yo and anything over 20m for him is daylight fucking robbery, if we need a centre half go and find one that is younger, has more mileage left in their legs and is also a good footballer.

We thought he was bobbins when he was their centre half, we can hardly proclaim him the second coming of Jesus Christ when we sign him 3 years later.

As for the pro's thinking he is a sound player, we paid 42m for another sound defender that was lauded as a good one, that hasn't really worked out has it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.