Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 percent cannot see him coming in jan . This guy will not play outside of Spain I don’t think . Would love him at city as he is quality but think he will go Barca or Madrid . Like to test the water with minimum fee release clause though

You can't test the water with a bid of the release clause. If you bid that much and the player is OK with it, he's yours, there's nothing the club can do to stop you from taking him.

I think you've confused me with someone else. I don't think I've ever broached the topic of him playing CB. I just want him here. We'll figure out his position later.

That's the thing with De Jong...he could be a CB, defensive midfielder, #10...he could be a full back in Pep's system.

It doesn't matter, he's just a supremely talented, incredibly intelligent young footballer so you get him in and he probably just plays where you need him. The comparison to Kimmich someone else made is a good one.

article translated below for anyone interested

New shock in Ibaigane. Once the renovation of Kepa Arrizabalaga has been satisfactorily closed for the interests of Athletic, from England it transcends the interest of Manchester City to obtain the services of Aymeric Laporte. Pep Guardiola, as MD has confirmed, has requested the signing of the rojiblanco center for this same winter market. The rescission clause of the left-handed defender amounts to 65 million euros.

The City coach's interest in Laporte is not new. The English club and tried to take their services seasons ago, but the Athletic player chose to accept a contract as a lion until 2020 with a clause of 50 amounted to 70 with the course of the campaigns. The central's desire was to stay in Bilbao.

Guardiola, dissatisfied with the performance of Mangala and Company, has reiterated to Txiki Begiristain his interest in undertaking the signing of Laporte. In Bilbao, apparently, we already have proof of that. The message of the Athletic in this respect has always been the same: payment of the integral clause and that the player wants to go.

Laporte, for now, is training in Lezama with the rest of his teammates. The rojiblanco central, one of the fixed in the alignments of Ziganda, already said in his day not to City, Guardiola, however, insists on signing him. The new rojiblanco soap opera is underway.

On the night of last Sunday, in the program 'El Chiringuito', was already informed about the City's alleged interest in signing Laporte, but then made sure that the Athletic player had already given his agreement to it, something that even the date does not conform to reality. The player's position, at least for the moment, has not changed in this respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.