Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can be sure that Laporte has all the attributes Pep require. I think we can also assume Pep will make Laporte a better player than he already is. If Pep can improve Laporte to the same extent he did with Stones, Laporte will become one of the worlds best. Also it will make the team play even better. Happy days ! Can't wait to welcome Laporte.

Speed is very difficult to gauge. As evidence, I present an article from 16 Feb 2017 in the Mirror stating Shrek is the #10 fastest footballer in the world!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/10-fastest-players-world-football-9832187
Exactly - Kolarov going forward was Linford Christie, going back, Geoff Capes.
Difficult to gauge as you say - have seen him play live twice - was immaculate and controlled the defence both occaisions. But pace of play slightly slower then the PL.

I think we can be sure that Laporte has all the attributes Pep require. I think we can also assume Pep will make Laporte a better player than he already is. If Pep can improve Laporte to the same extent he did with Stones, Laporte will become one of the worlds best. Also it will make the team play even better. Happy days ! Can't wait to welcome Laporte.

Bang on the money with that.

I totally understand what you are saying. I like to look at it this way, it was nice being everyone's "second favourite team" when we were crap. HOWEVER, to me, this is better. Being hated means they fear us and are envious of our success. We are doing something right. I love that other club's fans are afraid to play us.

Do I give a toss if some guy from North London, the Midlands, Singapore, Canada or wherever calls us names? Not really because he knows his team will likely be battered by us when we play each other.

Just my 2p. :)
Yeah, I get that and I don't particularly mind us being hated, it's inevitable if you're successful I think. It's the blatant bollocks, the lies that get peddled and stick that annoy me. Stuff like the emptihad bollocks and as someone else said, the idea that we are being funded by Mansour which hasn't been true for years. I was reading a couple of articles by Newcastle fans and both of them seemed to suggest that our support are a completely different set of people than it was 20 years ago. Now I think our support behaves differently these days (I think there are various reasons for that) but the idea that we had an average attendance of 40 odd thousand for years before the takeover and now they have all gone away and been replaced by tourists and "plastic" fans seems such a ludicrous idea that I assumed nobody would actually believe it and it was just said to annoy us. But reading this stuff, they definitely believed it. It's similar to the "where were you" chants we get. I always assumed fans knew it was an unfair accusation but sang it knowing it would really wind us up but I honestly think it has now become another "truth" amongst opposition fans, that we weren't there when we were shit. I think we are one of the few sets of supporters who really cannot be accused of that, unlike Newcastle fans who completely abandoned their club many years ago. Basically, I get annoyed by utter stupidity.

It's great!

Even after United signed Sanchez on 400k a week, their fans are now scrambling around for comparisons and excuses now we're about to sign Laporte.

Just remind them what big mouth Neville Tweeted the other day.

"Go and get him United!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.