Darts walk on girls chalked off.

You have. You’ve insinuated that anyone that doesn’t agree with your view is likely to be fart, a pervert, unable to pull and unlikely to have sex with women.

If that’s not an attempt to shut down an opposing view then I don’t know what is. And I say that as a bloke 20/30 years your junior that has no such issues stated above* and doesn’t actually watch the darts.

*depends on your definition of pervert I guess.

Last comment from me.

No I haven't. I've insinuated that anyone who can be bothered to be angry about the fact that their darts is not accompanied by women in hotpants is, in my opinion, obviously placing far too much importance on the preservation of their ability to see women in hotpants prance around for no apparent reason.

I'm insinuating that if they are that desperate to preserve this - something that is irrelevant and, in terms of titilation/entertainment, nothing - then they are probably a bit too excited by women in hotpants than they should be. And this might mark them out as sad pervs as that is what men do when we stare at women in hotpants - perv on them (as do women on men in other situations).

Not a particularly controversial insinuation, I wouldn't have thought. Blokes desperate to keep models parading at darts are probably likely to want to perv on them

Witch hunts only work if enough people are willing to boycott your product due to bad publicity. So maybe it isn't as much of a minority view as you think.

Sadly in the internet age we live in where social media is king, it takes a very few to make a huge noise and influence and that is exactly what we are seeing these days.

Any limited academic reference prior to modern times would have been, in context, quite different to modern use - which is the context in which you are using it - where it is used to described a dictatorial, imposing and limiting plot that is apparently seeking to prescribe what we can and cannot think.

Of course, you know that this is the context that you used it in. You know that this is the context that cranks use it in.

But you are desperate to pretend that you are some sort of academic researcher, using it in an academic and historical context.

It's not working.

Thanks for telling me what I'm saying. So just to clarify. Cultural Marxism in the context I used it was the dismantling of mass cultural norms in order to promote the individual above the whole. This is precisely the same context Richard Hoggart used it when defending working class culture against the onslaught of American mass culture as part of the Birmingham School.

No I haven't. I've insinuated that anyone who can be bothered to be angry

As I say I don’t watch the darts but I will say that surely not every post in disagreement with the decision is a sign of anger.

Fuck me, if we only posted on here about subjects one felt were sacracant then it would be a strange old world.

As I say I don’t watch the darts but I will say that surely not every post in disagreement with the decision is a sign of anger.

Fuck me, if we only posted on here about subjects one felt were sacracant then it would be a strange old world.
Perhaps we should ask @Ric for a "safe space" Forum to protect us from opposing views which by modern definition are harmful, hurtful and an attack on our wellbeing.

Sadly in the internet age we live in where social media is king, it takes a very few to make a huge noise and influence and that is exactly what we are seeing these days.
They can make as much noise at the want, but companies will only give a shit if the criticism they recieve resonates with the general public. Do you think that if a tiny minority of conservative Muslims criticised a company for selling alcohol, they would cave in and stop selling it? No, because the majority of people don't share the attitude that drinking or selling alcohol is wrong. I think you're underestimating the number of people who think that parading sexy girls to sell something is a bit tacky and outdated.

Where I would agree with you is when people start criticising things that aren't aimed at them. I don't have any problem with laddish, un-PC stuff that's specifically aimed at blokes. But broadcasters might look at all of the people who aren't currently going to darts and see a lot of untapped potential. And they might look at the sort of things that put them off, and realise that things like sexy women parading around the stage is one of those things. Let's be honest, you get this kind of backlash any time anything that used to be mainly the preserve of men is changed to make it appeal to a wider audience.

They can make as much noise at the want, but companies will only give a shit if the criticism they recieve resonates with the general public.

This is where we disagree.

The world is currently gripped by a narrative that women are being abused by men in all corners of society and on a mass scale with any story being reported as some form of sexual assault or abuse.

Im sure there is a lot of truth in some claims and the perpetrators need to be brought to justice but we are at the point where men and women won't be able to be in the same room for fear of someone taking offence at something and a story emerging of alleged misbehaviour and for me, that's not right and it actually demeans real abuse and criminal activity.

It's almost become hysterical imo and given that and the importance of social media in life these days, especially commercially where a bad story can literally break a company, instead of common sense we are now seeing a stance were political correctness has gone mad and as i've said, i dont for a second think it will actually help real victims out there and instead, it panders to a few that want to use it as a vessel to further their own political aims.

This is where we disagree.

The world is currently gripped by a narrative that women are being abused by men in all corners of society and on a mass scale with any story being reported as some form of sexual assault or abuse.

Im sure there is a lot of truth in some claims and the perpetrators need to be brought to justice but we are at the point where men and women won't be able to be in the same room for fear of someone taking offence at something and a story emerging of alleged misbehaviour and for me, that's not right and it actually demeans real abuse and criminal activity.

It's almost become hysterical imo and given that and the importance of social media in life these days, especially commercially where a bad story can literally break a company, instead of common sense we are now seeing a stance were political correctness has gone mad and as i've said, i dont for a second think it will actually help real victims out there and instead, it panders to a few that want to use it as a vessel to further their own political aims.
I may have missed the thread but here is the current example of which you speak and how to refute it with fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.