Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have a problem with Leicester in this whole saga. It was a very strange transfer target by us, especially with it being so public. Can't get my head around the valuation side of it. Surely we asked what they were after as soon as we opened negotiations?

Ah well, time for a brew before setting off for the game. Hopefully Sturridge has a shocker.

What they paid for him is irrelevant. It's not one team's job to unearth a bargain and then pass on the saving to another club that wants to buy him at a later date.
fair enough. 65 mil is still a bloody good offer though. they're playing silly buggers asking for 95mil and will be left with one unhappy player and team morale will probably suffer

I really hope the rumours of a €100m net spend limit coming down the tracks don't apply this coming summer as we need a midfielder and a forward who will both cost considerably more than €100m

You can't blame the club, Sanchez was a luxury at the wages/price and Mahrez is way beyond that. Don't forget Barcelona got Coutinho for £110m or so and he has far more potential. If Coutinho is worth £110m, Mahrez £90m, KDB must be worth £300m.... All of this kind of puts the Neymar transfer into perspective now!

Jesus will be back soon, Mendy will be back soon, it isn't all doom and gloom and we don't know just yet exactly how long Sane will be out. The biggest issue I have is not the injuries but it is can KDB, Sterling and Fernandinho play 3 times a week.

Hopefully there is still air in the Fred transfer for today which I think is far more important than Mahrez.
Mendy won't be back training until April and if lucky might be fit for World Cup. Won't help us much this year

I fear a lot of brave folk on here who are congratulating City today will be looking a little at what might have been in the Spring.

We will win the league barring a disaster but I suspect not by as much as you think.

We may win a cup with luck.

But no way stretched as we are with inevitable further injuries and limited rotation are we going to seize perhaps the only ever chance of a quadruple.

This signing might have been the difference and I think Pep knew that.

But if we knew they wanted £90 m yesterday (and we all did on here so it was not a secret) playing it out as we have is bemusing and leaving Mahrez bereft like Sanchez was last day of the last window leaves an image that will stick in players heads.

Not to our long term advantage.

At least the club's making deadline days exciting for us again.

Instead of hours of Jim White wanking over Yeovil signing Joey Joe Joe jnr Shabadoo on a six month loan for a fiver and a Milky Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.