Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter Bernardo Silva.... Time to prove his worth... was one of the stars of Monaco's amazing team last year.. So lets see what hes made of
Nearly all players take awhile to get to full speed particularly if they don't play every week.
Bernardo has come on in leaps and bounds in last few games played IMO and I look forward to him being a great asset for the rest of the season.

With Sanchez and Mahrez we made the same mistake.

Is it a mistake though? The club just stuck to the valuation of the players. Personally I think paying 95m for Mahrez, or what United did for Sanchez, would be a bigger mistake.

If I were Mahrez I'd refuse to play from this point forward. They've been brutal toward him and there's no point having player power if you don't use it. His reputation as a player who listens to management is already in tatters so it's not like it will get worse but at this point destroying his own future value may be the only way to secure a move.

1) The cup final isn't for a month against a side in utter disarray who we tonked earlier
2) We face the easiest side we could do in CL with leg 2 at home
3) We have a 12 point lead in the league and play neither of the sides closest to us til March and April respectively (and beat them both on the road before)
4) We wouldn't be likely to run a full boat of starters out against Wigan in the FAC anyhow

Not being arrogant . . . It's going to be hardER . . . but such are the travails in this business. I think we can manage. This side has guts.

Exactly. Sure, competing on all four fronts would be easier with Mahrez, but we've still got some fantastic players in the squad. I for one am very excited to see what Brahim can do. He will surely get a decent amount of playing time if we don't bring anyone in today.

Is it a mistake though? The club just stuck to the valuation of the players. Personally I think paying 95m for Mahrez, or what United did for Sanchez, would be a bigger mistake.
The mistake was making our move on the last day.

fair enough. 65 mil is still a bloody good offer though. they're playing silly buggers asking for 95mil and will be left with one unhappy player and team morale will probably suffer

Yeah I agree, £65m was a pretty decent offer considering relations between player and club seem to be at a low (and it's a lot of money full stop). Can understand if they felt they wanted to try for more when compared to other deals like VVD and Lukaku though. Maybe a middle ground could've been found with more time. Guess we don't know who was offered as part of the deal and what our estimated value of him was.

The mistake was making our move on the last day.

That I think is fair to criticize, although we don't know how long they have been working on this. My guess would be since Sanchez fell through, it just became public recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.