What teams did people at your school support?

Secondary school in the mid 70's in Ashton was 45% city & rags with the others mainly Oldham fans.

Funnily enough even then the blue lads & Oldham fans were match goers infact within my group we'd go with each other if we weren't playing. I remember bouncing about on the planks at the back of the Chaddy End. Wouldn't be allowed these days.

At my junior school in North manchester in the early 80's, there was a 'fad' for a couple of seasons where kids started openly supporting (in so much that they actually bought/wore shirts & kit) of teams from London.

It was kinda strange in that it wasn't a glory hunting type of thing either, with a lot of the teams chosen being from the lower divisions. Teams like Palace, West Ham, QPR, Orient being the most in vogue

Pretty much 50-50 City or Man U at Wilbraham in the early 70's. Coincidentally both managers lived round the corner from each other then, Joe Mercer on St Werburghs Road and Busby on Kings Road, rather like today with Pep living pretty much across the road from Mourinho's hotel.

Heres a question...

A good proportion of my south manchester born and bred mates are liverpool fans. Openly glory hunters from the late 70’s / 80s. No family ties, just chose liverpool as they were the best.

So... are any born and bred scousers united Fans for the same reasons ? Bet there arent many

Mersey drive in whitefield was probably half n half city/utd, secondary school was more city fans which surprised me. But looking back even in the 80s the utd fans at school was gobshites.
Definitely in their DNA to be cocky twats.

Went to secondary school in Cheetham Hill in the early 70s and there were loads of rags and a few blues.
The blues actually went to games and rags even then didn't bother.
Wagged school to watch City v Coventry in League Cup in the afternoon when strike was on and the other blue in my class also went.
My brother's mate from a couple of years below was a Falkirk fan...his parents were from there.

From the Midlands so obviously a lot of united Liverpool and arsenal. Having grown up now the majority are season ticket holders at Birmingham villa and Coventry. I was the only City fan, made me feel special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.