What teams did people at your school support?

shemnel

I moved away from the Manchester area for about 13 years, which encompassed all of my secondary school and A-levels life in Lancashire.

At school we had a pretty strong showing for United and Liverpool, followed by fans of most of the Lancs teams including PNE, Blackburn, Blackpool, 1 Wigan fan and even an Accy Stan fan. For some reason one lad supported Sheff United.

I was the only City fan at school in my age group, and i got a fair bit of stick, but i was saved by some absolute whopper who supported Villa. Thank god for him.

Im interested, can anyone who went to school in manchester itself tell me, did anyone support anyone but City or United?

Fair split of City and United at my school during the mid 2000s. The City fans were regular attendees, the vast majority of Reds weren't. I still know one of the United fans to this day and he will only go to away games and hasn't been to the swamp in years.

There were Liverpool fans, a few Evertonians, a Hereford fan and a Swansea fan. Swansea support was due to his uncle. The other lad was originally from Hereford.

Mainly united, then Liverpool then City (Maybe about 10 of us in a year of 300) then the Ev. And then there would be one fan of teams like Leeds, or Wigan etc

full of Vermin and Oldham glory hunters who are now Vermin. Was on of few virtuous Blues surrounded by proper feckwits

Gobshite rags who never went were the most vocal, I would say then City fans but to varying degrees of passing interest to game going fanatics like me. .One very out of place Plymouth Argyll fan, following parents team I guess.

moved to wales when i was 3 and growing up down here in the 1980's most kids were liverpool or united fans with the odd few of everton and spurs.

growing up in the 90's i was the only city fan around! and i got the piss royally taken out of me.

these days theres a healthy splattering of city shirts down here im pleased to say. Still way behind united, barca and madrid shirts mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.