Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice Wenger thinks money has made various leagues predictable.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football
In City´s case it is the way that money is invested that is the key. We plough profit back into football whereas Arsenal´s owners do not.
The key word being invest rather than spend so perhaps he is the problem at Arsenal because they certainly have the money.

Arsenal are 6th in the 2018 Deloitte money league. Yes 6th. That's 6th in the whole world Wenger. Ahead of PSG, Chelsea, Liverpool, Juventus and Spurs, to name but a few. If your owners don't want to spend it, try asking THEM why, and get it into your head that your problems are self inflicted because your club is mis-managed (in more ways than one). So stop blaming everyone else and look at yourself.

Arsenal are 6th in the 2018 Deloitte money league. Yes 6th. That's 6th in the whole world Wenger. Ahead of PSG, Chelsea, Liverpool, Juventus and Spurs, to name but a few. If your owners don't want to spend it, try asking THEM why, and get it into your head that your problems are self inflicted because your club is mis-managed (in more ways than one). So stop blaming everyone else and look at yourself.
Wenger is pure poison. They have used the smokescreen of so-called "financial doping" and the stadium move to con their own supporters. They actually made a fortune out of the property deals at Highbury which funded most of the new stadium. Their owners have much more wealth than Abramovich. Usmanov and Kroenke could have paid for the Emirates out of their small change. No one in the media seems capable of challenging this. They are the biggest hypocrites in football.

Arsenal had £160m in the bank in June according to their year-end accounts. The rags had over £200m. We had less than £20m on the other hand.

Arsenal made a pre-tax profit of something like £50m off the top of my head. We made £1m.

What's stopping them spending? Not lack of cash or FFP.

I thought FFP was ironically hamstringing them as they couldn't increase their wage bill. They didn't cotton on to the fact that FFP requires consistent growth, rather than blowing out in one summer.

Interesting stuff from Pep on BT sports

Pep: “When you have Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Cesc Fabregas, that kinda players, then it’s normal you play through the middle. When you have players here like Sane, Sterling or Kevin De Bruyne, we attack more the spaces. We play in a different way.” (BT Sport)

Pep: “The intelligence is the most important thing. What we try to do. After that the results are the results. I want to be judged for the intentions. That intention is always honest. Try to take the ball, try to play, to attack. To do what we’ve done: almost 3 goals per game.”

PEP: “We are able to play in the way I want to play. That’s my satisfaction. Of course, we will get the credits when we win the title. The most beautiful thing is seeing the players enjoy themselves, they have fun on the pitch & in training. That’s the best price for a manager.”

Pep: “I don’t like to comment on questions: this manager has said this, what’s your opinion? When you start this kind of game, it never stops. I don’t want to play that game. Is it boring? I don’t care. I prefer to focus on what we have to do on the pitch.” (BT Sport)

When we win the league

Interesting stuff from Pep on BT sports

Pep: “When you have Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Cesc Fabregas, that kinda players, then it’s normal you play through the middle. When you have players here like Sane, Sterling or Kevin De Bruyne, we attack more the spaces. We play in a different way.” (BT Sport)

Pep: “The intelligence is the most important thing. What we try to do. After that the results are the results. I want to be judged for the intentions. That intention is always honest. Try to take the ball, try to play, to attack. To do what we’ve done: almost 3 goals per game.”

PEP: “We are able to play in the way I want to play. That’s my satisfaction. Of course, we will get the credits when we win the title. The most beautiful thing is seeing the players enjoy themselves, they have fun on the pitch & in training. That’s the best price for a manager.”

Pep: “I don’t like to comment on questions: this manager has said this, what’s your opinion? When you start this kind of game, it never stops. I don’t want to play that game. Is it boring? I don’t care. I prefer to focus on what we have to do on the pitch.” (BT Sport)

When we win the league

Like that last comment. ie fuck off cockcroaches and get your headlines elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.