Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a solid yellow minimum. Personally, i don't think it was dangerous and therefore not a red.

And you're right. i'm not sure it cost the game, although it did mean that there wasn't an extra man in the area to help Aguero out (Gundogan seemed to be the main one doing it).
I agree I didn't see it as a red card, but that's not the point Taylor was able to and in fairness if I could ref united games I would be looking for the same chance....

We all know about the agenda. I just hope and wish that the club enforce the mantra into the heads of our players:

if you give them any chance to cheat us they will take it.

We are now in the ridiculous situation where our players are at risk in games from a leg breaking challenge whilst the referees will follow the letter of the law 'exactly' for whatever offences we do - the Walker sending off against Everton this season being a perfect example of that, and the Clattenburg sending off of Gael Clichy against Chelsea for two minor yellows as long ago as 2011 another classic from the agenda archives. At present, we cannot go in for 50:50s, we cannot make a challenge in our own box, our own players can be clattered and pushed all over the place, and yet any misdemeanour from us becomes a 'textbook' yellow or red.

Is this true ? Where in the rules does it say this ?

In his opinion. From the BBC:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43122138

"I thought it was a reckless challenge, and rightly a caution. I thought, 'you've got this spot on'. You can clearly see the yellow card out, and the referee writing Fabian Delph's name and number on the card, and getting ready to issue it. To my amazement, he then puts the yellow card away and reaches for the red. At that level, don't do that. If you're not sure, don't give a card, give yourself some thinking time. For me, once you've got it out, rightly or wrongly, you've got to go with your decision. He's on the elite group of Uefa referees. If he did that in the Champions League, I don't think he'd referee again in it this season. For a referee of his experience to do that... it just shouldn't happen at that level. It's different if he hadn't pulled the card out, if he's getting information from his colleagues. Once he's got that yellow card out he's got to go with that, he can't then put it away after writing he name down. It's just basic refereeing."

In his opinion. From the BBC:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43122138

"I thought it was a reckless challenge, and rightly a caution. I thought, 'you've got this spot on'. You can clearly see the yellow card out, and the referee writing Fabian Delph's name and number on the card, and getting ready to issue it. To my amazement, he then puts the yellow card away and reaches for the red. At that level, don't do that. If you're not sure, don't give a card, give yourself some thinking time. For me, once you've got it out, rightly or wrongly, you've got to go with your decision. He's on the elite group of Uefa referees. If he did that in the Champions League, I don't think he'd referee again in it this season. For a referee of his experience to do that... it just shouldn't happen at that level. It's different if he hadn't pulled the card out, if he's getting information from his colleagues. Once he's got that yellow card out he's got to go with that, he can't then put it away after writing he name down. It's just basic refereeing."

The fact he’s got previous with us against Chelsea (David Luiz) of doing a very similar and unprofessional trick. Having the whistle in his mouth, his hand in his pocket reaching for the red card and then suddenly remembering his allegiances and waving play on is just fucking bent. Added to sending off Aguero (rightly so for the tackle, although side show shouldn’t have been on the pitch) and Fernandinho (pushing), yet letting someone launch Aguero and Fabregas push Fernandinho without punishment.

It just shows how good we are when they have to reach to these levels to try and stop us. Even frankie boy can’t possibly defend this as “incompetence” without outing himself even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.