Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

No team has ever completed a clean sweep of 4 trophies or done the domestic treble and there's a reason for it. Of course i was disappointed last night but everyone is falling for the media narrative that we've failed when the realism is we've done a fantastic job so far and hopefully we'll get a couple of trophies by the end of the season.
The circumstances didn't change at all, peoples expectations wrongly have.

We don’t share the same mentality. I’m pretty sure Pep and the team will be dissapointed at just winning one trophy this season, considering it was looking very possible for a chance of winning all 4 trophies. Once again, I’ll be happy with the prem, but I’ll be disappointed if that’s the only trophy we win. Don’t see why that’s hard to understand as a City fan at the minute. I’m not calling this season a failure by any means.

We don’t share the same mentality. I’m pretty sure Pep and the team will be dissapointed at just winning one trophy this season, considering it was looking very possible for a chance of winning all 4 trophies. Once again, I’ll be happy with the prem, but I’ll be disappointed if that’s the only trophy we win. Don’t see why that’s hard to understand as a City fan at the minute. I’m not calling this season a failure by any means.

But that's what the question is.

Did i want 4 trophies? Yes.
Did i in any way expect them? Did i fuck.

I'm obviously more realistic than yourself.

3 cup competitions require huge slices of luck to win, we were actually lucky in or games v WBA, Wolves and Leicester, fortunate v Bristol and needed a rocket up our arse v Burnley at half time to get we we are.
The first (best) 11 have shone magnificently in the Prem and CL, the rest have stuttered in the cup games bar Cardiff, we've done well to get to Wembley.

But that's what the question is.

Did i want 4 trophies? Yes.
Did i in any way expect them? Did i fuck.

I'm obviously more realistic than yourself.

3 cup competitions require huge slices of luck to win, we were actually lucky in or games v WBA, Wolves and Leicester, fortunate v Bristol and needed a rocket up our arse v Burnley at half time to get we we are.
The first (best) 11 have shone magnificently in the Prem and CL, the rest have stuttered in the cup games bar Cardiff, we've done well to get to Wembley.

I didn’t expect 4 trophies at the start of the season, but as the season went on, I felt like it was a possibility. Until yesterday, it was on, then we get knocked out by a league 1 team. Lose on Sunday and this season goes from a fantastic one to a good one, unless we win the champions league.

I didn’t expect 4 trophies at the start of the season, but as the season went on, I felt like it was a possibility. Until yesterday, it was on, then we get knocked out by a league 1 team. Lose on Sunday and this season goes from a fantastic one to a good one, unless we win the champions league.
So winning the league is good & not fantastic?

Got slightly hammered last night when one of the lads said seriously { or as serious as you can be after 10 pints) what would happen regarding pep if we blew the lot

So winning the league is good & not fantastic?

Exactly. Winning the league isn't good enough for some on here obviously.

lol...its the league ! which we haven't been able to win back to back and no team has retained for a while

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.