Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the Wigan final, correct me if I’m wrong, but the reason we lost was more complicated than that last minute goal Hart should have saved, the undercurrent of Mancini’s impending demise is widely accepted as the reason for poor performance up to the goal.
Regarding shootouts, if Bravo plays it’s unlikely to go to a shootout. All the poor cup performance have been with him in goal, unnerving the defence and not allowing smooth transitions of play.
I said before, the equation is - Bravo plays we lose. Eddie plays we win Q.E.D.
you can keep quoting your equation all you like, but it is flawed as you do not know what the outcome will be.

2 things will affect the outcome of this game I think. First is the clown who has come in his fancy dress referee outfit. Poor officiating is something that is largely out of the players control so we shall see how it pans out. Second is the teams attitude. I want to see that ruthless approach that lets the other team know that there will be only 1 winner. No pissing about at the back, pressing the shit out of their midfield and clinical in the box. I want to see that will to win from the outset. After last night's fiasco, let's demonstrate what we are capable of when it matters.
My understanding is that VAR will be in use. Your right a no nonsense clinical display is required.

I have to admit I am not confident ahead of the Sunday game after last night. Whatever happens it is going to be much easier to watch the game from terraces than on the TV. Whatever Bravo have done in cup games so far I would play Eddie in the goal. I would drop Stones, because his form has been horrendous since injury and I'd pair Ota/Laporte as CBs. And Raz ahead of B Silva please.
As weird as it sounds, I'm more confident after last night. The players won't be used to losing so I should imagine the mood was rather sour after the game and they won't want to feel like that again. Could be the kick up the arse we needed ahead of the final.

Which goalie plays is inconsequential. Remember all the fans bemoaning Cabellero's selection ahead of the final in 2016? We need to stop looking for reasons why we might lose on Sunday and be positive. We are more than capable of beating Arsenal as proven earlier this season. On a positive note Dave has had 65 mins last night and Sane 45 mins. All adds to increased match sharpness and we need them to be at their best on Sunday.

Defensive left is interesting decision.

If Pep plays Sane forward left I think Zinchenko needs to play as his forward first thinking passing means he links better with silva and sane in attack.

Zinchenko has had a few daydreaming or out of position defensive errors but his attacking play and final third ball retention should make him get nod.

Think Pep will continue with Bravo.

Hardest call to make is centre defence pairing, it could literally be any 2 from 4.

Attacking x5 should be Merlin,Kevin,Sterling,Sane & Aguero barring any injuries

Bravo, Walker, Zinchenko plus any 2 from 4, with Fernandinho as usual in front.

Defensive left is interesting decision.

If Pep plays Sane forward left I think Zinchenko needs to play as his forward first thinking passing means he links better with silva and sane in attack.

Zinchenko has had a few daydreaming or out of position defensive errors but his attacking play and final third ball retention should make him get nod.

Think Pep will continue with Bravo.

Hardest call to make is centre defence pairing, it could literally be any 2 from 4.

Attacking x5 should be Merlin,Kevin,Sterling,Sane & Aguero barring any injuries

Bravo, Walker, Zinchenko plus any 2 from 4, with Fernandinho as usual in front.

Whoever we play at left back will be targeted and that’s why I have a feeling Sterling will
Play left and B silva right. I think Sane could find himself on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.