Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You questioned the players attitude, so give us an example to prove it.

No one is saying we played well because we didn’t but there’s a huge difference between being shit, individual mistakes, making the wrong decision and lacking effort. I genuinely think you’re taking the piss if you believe any one of those players didn’t try everything to win that game last night, what they tried clearly didn’t work but that’s all.
Ok let's turn the tables, you give me an example of where the players tried? About 4 of them you wouldn't have even guessed they were on the pitch, but standard practice on here after a defeat it's either the refs fault or Bravo's fault

Not confusing anything mate, never the players fault always the refs, pisses me off, yes he had a yellow then changed to red, but even with 10 men we should be able to beat a shit league 1 side, and we can't blame fatigue as we had a week off, judging by last night the starting 11 had another night off

The thread is about referees and their performance . Not whether the players were shit and couldn't beat Wigan , so you clearly are missing the point.

Many posters have blamed the players for their performance in not winning the game, as you have done.

However my point was to question the integrity of the referee , and his performance regarding the sending off and his " change of decision " , an act which he has demonstrated previously and which once again adversely affected the result of the game.

If you can't understand that, then I am clearly wasting my time .

Not sure if it's been posted already but quite interesting here from Mark Halsey.
The scariest thing for me here is that Taylor is England's representative in European matches. That means he'll probably end up refereeing us if we draw an English team in the next round of the Champions League.
https://you-are-the-ref.com/mark-halsey-taylor-stuck-original-decision/
Halsey should be asking why a referee from Manchester is refereeing that game at all, especially as he supports errrr altrincham.

No one is saying we played well because we didn’t but there’s a huge difference between being shit, individual mistakes, making the wrong decision and lacking effort. I genuinely think you’re taking the piss if you believe any one of those players didn’t try everything to win that game last night, what they tried clearly didn’t work but that wasn’t due to a lack of trying.
Agree, and I thought we played pretty well for the most part, I thought wigan were awful, and about as negative and anti football as it comes.

This thread though should be about our (fucking useless) officials, so back on topic please :-)

Ok let's turn the tables, you give me an example of where the players tried? About 4 of them you wouldn't have even guessed they were on the pitch, but standard practice on here after a defeat it's either the refs fault or Bravo's fault

Take your face for a shit, you made the original statement but clearly can’t back it up so do one you cretin.

Anyway as @cleavers says back on topic, Taylor is a cheating **** and knew exactly what he was doing, failed to referee the game without bias and cost us the game.

Just a couple of questions. If the exact same tackle which Delph committed had been committed by a Wigan player on a City player would Taylor have produced a red & if Bernardo Silva instead of being a victim of a push in the box had instead been the perpetrator & pushed a Wigan player over in our box would Taylor have pointed to the penalty spot. I think we all know the answer to those 2 questions.

I think I made a comment a few months ago in here that the whole stadium should start chanting "You bent bastard" at refs like Taylor throughout the game.

Take your face for a shit, you made the original statement but clearly can’t back it up so do one you cretin.

Anyway as @cleavers says back on topic, Taylor is a cheating **** and knew exactly what he was doing, failed to referee the game without bias and cost us the game.
Take your face for a shit? Good one, I backed it up before with several points, you have backed it up with none, so as you were

Apologies for the statto attack but i've been doing some investigation of results with various refs (I trade football matches on Betfair for some of my income)

It's easy to just react to a joker like Taylor yet again being allowed to hurt us, but is there real basis. The results are ridiculous...

I wont bore you with the full details but I looked at all games that Taylor has refereed including either us or the rags since the start of the 2011 season.
Compared with our overall results in those 6 seasons, when Taylor is in charge our points per game drops by 20% whilst the rags results unsurprisingly improve by 12%.
That's quite a swing immediately, but then I thought about it a bit more and decided to look at only games where the outcome had a maximum of 1 goal in it, the theory being that a dodgy ref will struggle to impact a very one sided game as a general rule (We had him v Watford and Swansea away and scored 10 so he was taken out of the equation.), but a few decisions can swing a tight game.

Over the 6 years since 2011/12, the Taylor effect produced a 25% drop in points against our average in tight games. Surprisingly the bias towards Utd isn't there in these games, so maybe he is wary of showing obvious bias to them, or just instinctively does enough to hurt us in tight games.

I then compared the Taylor stats with a couple of our our nemesis men in black, Pawson and Clattenburg and guess what , their stats matched Taylors.

In tight games with a "neutral" referee City averaged 1.76pts per game over those 6 years (124 matches)
However when the PGMOL three refereed us that plummets to just 1.03 points per game (29 matches)

Initially I thought that they had been given top 6 clashes hence the difference but that is not borne out on closer inspection - the games cover all types of opposition evenly.

For reference I did the same with the rags games and their average points with/without these jokers was virtually unchanged (ie no impact or obvious bias in the numbers)

1.76 pts per game to 1.03 is a MASSIVE difference and is way outside any "statistical variance". For me it simply reflects that with any of Taylor, Pawson or Clattenberk in charge we have been at a monstrous disadvantage. Those numbers simply cannot be easily explained any other way.
I have a rule which says that I dont bet on City games, but if I did, I would be looking very closely at opposing City if either Taylor or Pawson is in charge. That system shows a big profit over the 6 years I looked at - it's tempting just as an Anadin bet to cover the headache when we get screwed over by these jokers.

Really worried about Pawson on sunday now. Arsenal are nearly 5/1......

Praying that the boys are up for this and Eddie is in goal (doubt it)!! We need to smash them to take Pawson out of the equation.

Completely paranoid now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.