Fixtures and television (Letter to Khaldoon)

You can't speak on behalf of all fans, games on Sundays, Saturday nights, etc means some fans who can't normally get to the match are able to go. I personally detest the 12:30pm Saturday kick off's and would prefer even the 7:45pm start . You have to accept that fixtures are driven by TV money, there is no going back, I do sympathise with those that travel long distances and I applaud your fantastic loyalty but there is little our owners can do.

Football times I hate

Monday nights
Saturday 5:30 and 7:45

Times I can live with

Sat 12:30pm
Friday night at a push ( actually would hate but preferable to Monday)

Times that are acceptable norm and not really bothering me

Sunday 1:30pm and 4pm

Traditional and still the best time

Sat 3pm and for midweek tues/wed 7:45pm

Way to build interest! Keen to hear what he says.

My guess is he will say a lot without actually saying something.

He’ll start of with a compliment and how much your support is appreciated.

He will use a couple of your points to show he has listened and agrees with your points.

He will then explain the difficulties and mention this is something they will look to see what they can do. Then give some information that something is being done but not something you could monitor or use if nothing changes.

Then thank you again for your support and some comment about the end of the season.

I also think it will come from him but not actually wrote by him.
Pretty much this. It's a good letter but it sounds a bit as though you intend to jack it in anyway as soon as we win the CL and you complete your collection.

I suspect he might have offered for you to meet someone at the club. I've not read the whole thread yet.

No chance. He who pays the piper calls the tune. Polite letter in return. How do you think we can afford the players and manager we have. You decide, York City or Manchester City? (No disrespect to York).

To answer some of your points.
He passed it on to one of his team to answer. Nice lad but what could he do other than toe the corporate line.
Sadly I am giving up season ticket so my point about 3pm knockoffs is that when I do give up I won't be able to watch 3pm matches - but if I was in any other country in the world, I could

And I did say we need TV money but the 20 clubs could negotiate a better deal if they could be bothered to try

To answer some of your points.
He passed it on to one of his team to answer. Nice lad but what could he do other than toe the corporate line.
Sadly I am giving up season ticket so my point about 3pm knockoffs is that when I do give up I won't be able to watch 3pm matches - but if I was in any other country in the world, I could

Course you can watch 3pm kick offs
Google is your friend

I get the need for tv money but at least meet fans half way. We know the fixtutes are no longer done randomly by computer and every single game is made to draw the biggest reveue possible but its could be done much better. On public holidays stop making fans of say Southampton travel to Newcastle. Surely if the fixtures are manipulated for greed they can be manipulated for this. We have spurs away in April with no chance of catching the last train home. Spurs v city will always draw interest so pick a better time ffs.
Like the final last sunday, that final was full of kids, all up for school next day why on earth it wasnt switched with the rags game i dont know. There is just zero regard for the fans attending the game. Wait till nobody goes and the atmophere and their product becomes souless and unattractive. They will you in for free, great but you won't even do that if you cant get home.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.