Todays Pitch Invasion. City v Swansea

This.

Never sure why people have the mentality that it is their right to break the rules because (some poxxy made up justification) ....and fuck everyone else!?!

What would be FAR better is these same “real” fans getting the post-match singing flowing and letting the players and staff know how valued and appreciated they are!

It’s like watching that clip of scooter thieves picking out their victims for daring to have their phones out in public, or a handbagon their arm, and saying “Look, she’s just asking to have it nicked!”

NO, SHE’S NOT, it is just your irrational justification to make you feel better for breaking society’s rules!!

2012 was unique in many respects, and the outpouring of emotions in those final minutes was palpable. To even attempt to use that cathartic release as justification is pathetic and small time.

What a bizarre comparison. I really don't get the small time thing either. There was nothing small time about it against West Ham or qpr. It's part of our culture and has been a city tradition for years. Couldn't care less what other clubs fans do and we shouldnt have to try and behave like them either.

Winning the league and the fans celebrate by running on the pitch. I think it's a pretty reasonable thing to happen and shows passion and excitement - you don't see other top clubs doing it because there fans don't have that.

Just a few examples. Look how awful and small time these are. Completely ruined the celebrations XD

Last edited:
For those running on the pitch or advocating it, first up, what gives you the right to impose on the enjoyment of those remaining in the stands wanting to see it all unfold without a load of idiots on the pitch....selfisness nothing else.

It might also be remembered that it is a criminal offence, bans and prosecution are quite possible if you choose to go on the pitch. I have a couple of friends who support Millwall some of whos supporters went on the pitch at Wembley following the play off win last season and know find themselves with a banning order following the early morning knock from plod weeks later. Contrary to the natural assumption that Millwalls supporters were upto no good whilst on the pitch they were doing nothing more than our fans have done when we have won the league....celebrating.

There is no need for it, supporters are told its not wanted by the players the club and certainly not by those normal folk who remain in the stand. Given all of this I do wonder what is between the ears of those suggesting it a good idea, more so after a derby.....what could possibly go wrong ffs!

Oh and what a great excuse to give UEFA or the FA to fuck us over.

Last edited:
Tradition of Maine rd - last game whether we were up or down, on the pitch we went....its always been a city thing.
Ill be on again if we win the league....particularly as im' now in a new house and need a Eastlands sod for me garden!

Both times we've won it I've been on the 3rd tier and couldn't get on the pitch. Now I'm in the first tier of family stand, there defo will be no pitch invasion. KILLJOYS!!!

I think the point is being missed about my OP.

I don't mind pitch invasions and most people don't either, however a couple of things

All the examples of the previous invasions are all final games and we have dramatically clinched a reault we needed, this time it looks to be with many games to spare, and the trophy won't be presented that day anyway.

If the possibility of it being derby dy, a pitch invasion even in good nature will have them ****s get on too and trouble, and onlyone set of fans will get blamed.

After the notrites at wign the other week and us strongly condeming their crowd control the club will get pelters if we then have the same.

A good natured celibratary pitch invasion is always a bit of fun, but maybe this time it might be better to leave it.

Save it for Kiev :-)

Nothing I hate worse than fans telling other fans how to ‘celebrate’. We had a thread like this before the qpr game and the pitch invasion was amazing! Pure passion and ecstasy.

Obviously circumstances are very different this time but if we people feel like doing it then so be it. If it’s not meant to be you won’t see the masses doing it anyway. Point being we don’t need to decide now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.