Singing section/Atmosphere

In your opinion of course. I'm not the biggest fan of the choreographed chanting that a lot of these continental fans indulge in but it's still far better than standing there in complete silence and moaning about the noise they're making.

Aris fans were the loudest fans I've ever witnessed at that stadium and they smash every English club into oblivion for atmosphere. So fucking what if some of it was choreographed - they were fantastic and it takes a lot of energy to go at it for 90 minutes flat out. I don't give a fuck that they weren't reacting to events on the pitch - attending a football match should never entirely be about what goes on on the pitch anyway (IMHO of course).

of course you go to a football match to watch the football. Sign up for BGT if you want a singing contest. Aguero's famous goal would have been far less memorable if fans hadn't been emotionally invested and instead decided to drone Blue Moon for the 10 minutes prior solidly without any alteration based on what was going on. English football is a far superior atmosphere because it's actually emotionally invested and based on what happens in the match, rather than what happens in a planning meeting in the fan pub.

Basel's atmosphere was crap.

I have my opinion.

I think the swiss were a nasty bunch of twats, the potential for mither was big.

It got a bit nawty when they first scored and the flares went off. A lone plod went in to do something, and got his hat knocked off and took a few digs to the head as well, the other plod told him to get out of it, they (rightly in my opinion) wanted to keep it calm and in control.

I also noticed loads of them had the same coats on and the same hats, and the only reason i see for this is its harder to pick individuals out visually in a brawl, either by eye or video. I reckon a load of those swiss had come ready for trouble.

The choreographed singing was also shite imo. The singing in UK games is mostly tied in with the ebb and flow of a game, its more spontaneous, theirs was purely to intimidate and dominate the home crowd, which it certainly did.

of course you go to a football match to watch the football. Sign up for BGT if you want a singing contest. Aguero's famous goal would have been far less memorable if fans hadn't been emotionally invested and instead decided to drone Blue Moon for the 10 minutes prior solidly without any alteration based on what was going on. English football is a far superior atmosphere because it's actually emotionally invested and based on what happens in the match, rather than what happens in a planning meeting in the fan pub.

Basel's atmosphere was crap.

Wrong. If it was just about the football then every City fan who was around when we were dog shit would've jacked it in long ago. It's about days out, meeting your mates, legendary piss-ups, etc. The football might be a focal point but there's a lot more to it than that. Citing the Aguero goal to try and back up your argument is silly - sure, on that occasion and at that moment in time it entirely was about the football but the point remains that supporting a football team is a whole lot more than what gets served up on the pitch.

In your opinion of course. I'm not the biggest fan of the choreographed chanting that a lot of these continental fans indulge in but it's still far better than standing there in complete silence and moaning about the noise they're making.

Aris fans were the loudest fans I've ever witnessed at that stadium and they smash every English club into oblivion for atmosphere. So fucking what if some of it was choreographed - they were fantastic and it takes a lot of energy to go at it for 90 minutes flat out. I don't give a fuck that they weren't reacting to events on the pitch - attending a football match should never entirely be about what goes on on the pitch anyway (IMHO of course).

Your last sentence is utter nonsense .

Wrong. If it was just about the football then every City fan who was around when we were dog shit would've jacked it in long ago. It's about days out, meeting your mates, legendary piss-ups, etc. The football might be a focal point but there's a lot more to it than that. Citing the Aguero goal to try and back up your argument is silly - sure, on that occasion and at that moment in time it entirely was about the football but the point remains that supporting a football team is a whole lot more than what gets served up on the pitch.

no, they wouldn't. You go to football to watch the football and anything else is a sideshow. If you go for any other reason then you're not really a supporter, because you're not even watching the game so how can you be supporting them? You're just organising your entertainment and pissing about, as the Basel fans did all night.

I have my opinion.

I think the swiss were a nasty bunch of twats, the potential for mither was big.

It got a bit nawty when they first scored and the flares went off. A lone plod went in to do something, and got his hat knocked off and took a few digs to the head as well, the other plod told him to get out of it, they (rightly in my opinion) wanted to keep it calm and in control.

I also noticed loads of them had the same coats on and the same hats, and the only reason i see for this is its harder to pick individuals out visually in a brawl, either by eye or video. I reckon a load of those swiss had come ready for trouble.

The choreographed singing was also shite imo. The singing in UK games is mostly tied in with the ebb and flow of a game, its more spontaneous, theirs was purely to intimidate and dominate the home crowd, which it certainly did.

I had a good view of them close up for the whole game, including half an hour before when their ultras took up their seats, and believe me none of them looked like they could punch their way out of a paper bag. A mob of City would've demolished them. But despite some of the shenanigans - by the way, it was more lively against Feyenoord when Sterling got that late winner - most of them were just there to back their team which they did very well.

I had a good view of them close up for the whole game, including half an hour before when their ultras took up their seats, and believe me none of them looked like they could punch their way out of a paper bag. A mob of City would've demolished them. But despite some of the shenanigans - by the way, it was more lively against Feyenoord when Sterling got that late winner - most of them were just there to back their team which they did very well.
Yeah Basel hooligans......no chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.