Singing section/Atmosphere

no, they wouldn't. You go to football to watch the football and anything else is a sideshow. If you go for any other reason then you're not really a supporter, because you're not even watching the game so how can you be supporting them? You're just organising your entertainment and pissing about, as the Basel fans did all night.

I'd actually argue that if you only go to the game and react to what'd going on on the pitch then you can't be classed as a supporter in any whatsoever. The whole point of being a supporter is to get behind the team and support it, regardless of how shit the team is playing. If you're only going to pipe up when things are all rosy on the pitch then that displays an astonishing amount of fickleness.

Seriously, what are you doing on this thread? You say the atmosphere is a side show and irrelevant to going to watch a football match yet you constantly moan about the Dzeko song and try to tell people what they can and can't sing ffs.

I'd actually argue that if you only go to the game and react to what'd going on on the pitch then you can't be classed as a supporter in any whatsoever. The whole point of being a supporter is to get behind the team and support it, regardless of how shit the team is playing. If you're only going to pipe up when things are all rosy on the pitch then that displays an astonishing amount of fickleness.

which isn't what I've said. I responded to you, you made up my reply to have a go. I used the kun example precisely to demonstrate watching the game and supporting the team through that reactionary emotional investment. the basel model is to completely ignore the game and do your own thing, so the team gets no encouragement because they are getting no vocal reaction to how they're playing, it's endless droning.

Why is it?

Some people just don't get it. Imagine going on a European away trip and just going for the 90 minutes of football. Probably explains why that moaning twat at Gladbach away last season was spitting his dummy out as our players ran down the clock due to the fact that we'd gotten the draw that would see us through to the next round. Personally, I thought it was fantastic game management from our players.

which isn't what I've said. I responded to you, you made up my reply to have a go. I used the kun example precisely to demonstrate watching the game and supporting the team through that reactionary emotional investment. the basel model is to completely ignore the game and do your own thing, so the team gets no encouragement because they are getting no vocal reaction to how they're playing, it's endless droning.

Basel were 4-0 down from the first leg. It was a dead rubber and as far removed from an Aguero-type situation as you could get. What the hell did you expect their fans to do? Sit there in glum silence for 90 minutes because they knew they had no chance of getting through? Fuck me, what a bundle of laughs that would've been. Instead, they got behind their team for the whole match and were rewarded for it with a battling performance from their players.

Some people just don't get it. Imagine going on a European away trip and just going for the 90 minutes of football. Probably explains why that moaning twat at Gladbach away last season was spitting his dummy out as our players ran down the clock due to the fact that we'd gotten the draw that would see us through to the next round.
Imagine the 80's

Is it fuck. Unless you're a glory-hunting twat who only bothers to show up when their team is doing well of course.

Well I go to a football match to precisely watch what is going on the pitch .
I don't go to see people jumping up and down in time with a drum.

Well I go to a football match to precisely watch what is going on the pitch .
I don't go to see people jumping up and down in time with a drum.
There is far more to attending football than simply watching football....honestly.

I've been doing this a long time

I can't help thinking that if I only ever went for the football and nothing else, just how boring my City-supporting life would've been over the past 3 decades.
It takes all sorts boss.............some want to fall asleep in the main stand....;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.