Europa League 8th March

Question, if Arsenal were somehow to win the Europa, would the team that finishes fourth in the Premier League miss out on Champions League.

I vaguely recall a recent rule change?

If so, this is the season which could keep on giving if United finished fourth.

C'mon Arsenal, C'mon Arsenal...

Question, if Arsenal were somehow to win the Europa, would the team that finishes fourth in the Premier League miss out on Champions League.

Now that would be a fantastic end to the season.

as far as I recall only if the CL winner also finished outside the top 4. You can have 5 teams, so if Chelsea won the CL and Arsenal won the Europa league, then 4th would miss out.

Thats correct. According to the UEFA rules there can be a maximum of five teams from one country.

That rule has changed.

I think it now follows this:

- If someone outside the top 4 win the Europa League (Arsenal in 6th for eg.) then they along with the top 4 would automatically qualify for next seasons Champions League Group Stages.
- If someone outside the top 4 win the Champions League (Chelsea in 5th for eg.) then they along with the top 4 would automatically qualify for next seasons Champions League Group stages.
- However if Arsenal (6th) and Chelsea (5th) win the Europa and the Champions League, then 4th place would miss out on next seasons Champions League.

- Also as of next season all of the top 4 will automatically qualify for the Champions League Group Stages.

However I think i'd rather United qualify for the Champions League than Chelsea win another Champions League.

Great to see us win tonight, but unfortunately I'm now suffering from the mental angst of cognitive dissonance.

Everything tells me that based upon our recent games, we are a bunch of gutless, uncoached bunch of under achievers.

Expecting the worst tonight, I'm unable to explain the disparity between my view we are rubbish, that actually howver bad you think Milan is at home, to win there 2-0 is not only pretty good but inexpliacable. We even seemed to play pretty bloody good.

So, I just can't reconcile these two opposing notions and my brain hurts.

I need drink, girls, drink etc

Great to see us win tonight, but unfortunately I'm now suffering from the mental angst of cognitive dissonance.

Everything tells me that based upon our recent games, we are a bunch of gutless, uncoached bunch of under achievers.

Expecting the worst tonight, I'm unable to explain the disparity between my view we are rubbish, that actually howver bad you think Milan is at home, to win there 2-0 is not only pretty good but inexpliacable. We even seemed to play pretty bloody good.

So, I just can't reconcile these two opposing notions and my brain hurts.

I need drink, girls, drink etc

It’s a win take it. Cheers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.