Ferran Soriano: City positioning themselves as “club of the future”

When I was a pub landlord, Sky subscriptions were calculated against the rate-able value of the premises (don't know if they still are).

I looked into putting Sky in my pub in Docklands, I was quoted £36,000 per year and this was over 14 years ago. Told them to shove it. Had it installed upstairs in my flat for normal domestic price. It's a fucking rip off for Licencees.
It's a disgrace mate, sadly from a business perspective though it's working

Where have you read that?

Naby Keita:
"I hope, however, that I have the level in two, three years and could play for one of the very big clubs," Keita added.

"This includes Barcelona, but it also includes Real Madrid or Manchester City."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...its-he-would-like-to-play-for-manchester-city

Dybala:
“When I play with the Playstation, I always choose Barcelona or Manchester City," he told Guerin Sportivo. "I dream to play one day with one of those clubs."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...dream-of-joining-barcelona-or-manchester-city

;)

Very true. The rags were on top as football became a world game through satellite t.v. and it took them 20 years. It will take a lot of work and a lot of wins with attractive football to turn it around.
The rags only got 100K more viewers on sky than us back in 2015. If they published more recent figures we'd be the most watched.

The rags only got 100K more viewers on sky than us back in 2015. If they published more recent figures we'd be the most watched.

Unfortunately there is more in the World than Sly. Spent a year in Tanzania and it was wall to wall second hand rags shirts and every bar with a tv had dozens of them watching a rags game. Pretty sure it's much the same around the world. Don't get me wrong, we will get there eventually playing the football we have been playing. Giving the top teams a good thumping and winning trophies will win people around.

Unfortunately there is more in the World than Sly. Spent a year in Tanzania and it was wall to wall second hand rags shirts and every bar with a tv had dozens of them watching a rags game. Pretty sure it's much the same around the world. Don't get me wrong, we will get there eventually playing the football we have been playing. Giving the top teams a good thumping and winning trophies will win people around.
Africa doesn't generate much money for the premier league. Wall to wall fake shirts aren't important, It's markets like the US where it matters. We are the most watched team there too.

But don't you feel like City would need to "convert" die hard rags over to truly grow the local fan base? That's going to take a good long while, especially given the tribal nature of supporters (is not as ingrained here in the states) and it it starts with young people, so takes years to blossom. I suppose you could be converting the casual Manc football fan to a more rabid one, but I'd assume that bandwagoning impact would already have happened given the championships Utd won.

Perhaps what I meant rather than expanding the fan base was neglecting the local fan base, I'm sure we all know life long Blues who could not or would not pay up to £50 for a ticket.
I just wonder if the club could do more locally than they do globally.

I am truly interested in the view that we will overtake the rags and dippers etc sooner rather than later. Will their multitudes of supporters stop buying their shirts because we keep beating them and winning trophies? Will it stop being cool to be a rag? Will take a lot to change all those rag lovers in high places. Just watch any match on TV as many, many have stated on here many times.

I am truly interested in the view that we will overtake the rags and dippers etc sooner rather than later. Will their multitudes of supporters stop buying their shirts because we keep beating them and winning trophies? Will it stop being cool to be a rag? Will take a lot to change all those rag lovers in high places. Just watch any match on TV as many, many have stated on here many times.
Never been cool to be a rag .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.