Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re insanely lucky to have both Aguero and Jesus, they both offer completely different skill sets and are both world class. Those differences give us great options, whether it’s Aguero’s goalscoring ability, Jesus link up play or both together when we really need to risk it all to get a goal.

Jesus was just brilliant tonight, if people don’t understand why then they should just give he game up.

I’ll get my coat then. He looks a good team player to me, but his ability to go past a man with the ball and his finishing anywhere outside of 5 yards from goal are both bang average IMO. I can see why Pep likes him, I can see the energy he brings, and I know at 20 he’s got bags more left in him, but as a line leading, scorer of clinical finishes and brilliant goals, he’s not a patch on Sergio. A bit like Sterling, flashes of brilliance, but plenty of inconsistency too......dons tin hat!

I’ll get my coat then. He looks a good team player to me, but his ability to go past a man with the ball and his finishing anywhere outside of 5 yards from goal are both bang average IMO. I can see why Pep likes him, I can see the energy he brings, and I know at 20 he’s got bags more left in him, but as a line leading, scorer of clinical finishes and brilliant goals, he’s not a patch on Sergio. A bit like Sterling, flashes of brilliance, but plenty of inconsistency too......dons tin hat!

Young players being inconsistent, who'd have thunk? Sane has these issues too.

And that reverse pass to Stirling that set up the first and his chip to Dave that set up the second. Different skill set to Kun that’s all.

Can’t see the use of comparing Jesus and Aguero. Difference In play, age, experience etc. We simply play differently when either one of them is in the team. Same with Sterling and Bernardo on the right wing. Why the comparison, why the individual adjustment on a player when all Pep is doing is make the team tick so individual class can flourish.

Jesus had a great game tonight while building up confidence and match rhythm. In a way we should be happy Aguero is injured as it’ll give Jesus the chance to regain his rhythm much sooner. Just to think he is only 20 and going through the learning curve with Pep for hopefully many more years.

And that reverse pass to Stirling that set up the first and his chip to Dave that set up the second. Different skill set to Kun that’s all.

Yeh, fair argument. I watch Mbappe and I can see instantly why you’d pay huge buckeroos for him, but Jesus I find far less obvious. Bottom line is the boy is a regular in the Brazil team, which doesn’t happen unless you’re bloody good, but nonetheless I often can’t see what the fuss is about, particularly in front of goal (5 yard tap ins notwithstanding).

Looked much better last night and I'm sure he'll keep improving with more game time.

His role in both goals was superb.

Don't see the need to don a tin hat.
But the highlighted bit is key - Sterling IMHO has come on leaps and bounds this season, and still has plenty of improving to do under our manager. The same applies to Jesus - far from his full potential atm

He's returning from a longish lay-off and played a key part in our last three goals.

He was much better yesterday than against Basel.

And, yup, he's just 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.