Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

I believe Pep to genuinely be a superb manager, I also think he got it very wrong last night.
I can kind of understand not playing Sterling, as the Anfield occasion appears to get to him.... but play Bernardo instead...like for like..not fkn Gundogan.
You create the same issue you had in the first half of the carling cup final.
Also not sure about Laporte at left back....clearly out there to sort out Salah.... but he kept showing him inside....

Hopefully an early goal next Tuesday will hurt them...and give them something to think about

The fat lady is definitely clearing her throat, but if they beat us 3-0 at their place we are capable of doing the same thing to them. Don't forget they crumbled in the 5-0.

This City team are capable of the miraculous. We are wounded, but it's not yet time to write our obituary. KDB, Merlin, etc will be dwelling on last night. With a full house creating bedlam we are still in this with a shout, especially if we can get an early goal.

What I saw last night was a shithouse performance from so many bonafide world class players. It's not good enough for the likes of Silva, De Bruyne and Fernandinho to be overrun by Milner, Ox and Henderson.

Sane struggled but Silva completely left him isolated. Gundogan was terrible and is far too passive. Kompany and Otamendi were both just taking the piss, and Walker has started making one big error per game.

Shame we were fiddled out of the away goal, that's going to be the crucial incident I think.
I was waiting for the replay, ready to vent my anger, but actually his head was offside. People tend to only look where players feet are, forgetting that your head can be offside. He was leaning forward in acceleration and was offside. The frustration is that Salah too was offside, but that stood. The VAR result would have been 2-0

Last edited:
Joke competition ? This is the pinnacle of European football. Whatever flaws it may have, there is no other way to gauge a team's level in Europe, except by this competition.
Yes I would agree if UEFA hadn't consistently shown they do not want us.
  • Fined for coming back a few minutes late at half time.
  • Not allowing our fans into a stadium in Russia but ignoring the Russian fans that were present.
  • Attempting to charge us for booing their stupid anthem.
  • Looking into us insulting an opposition player by singing "Your'e not incredible".
  • Investigated by UEFA for fans throwing paper planes during a match at the Etihad.
  • Bringing in Financial Fair Play rules because their cosy cartel were in danger of being disrupted.
I could go on and on about UEFA and their money making shit competition, but I know it means a lot to the Club.

Just count me out.

Sorry all....I just dont see us getting enough goals and stopping them from scoring next Tuesday. Out of all the teams left in the CL, they were the one team I was hoping we wouldnt get...Their style of play upfront seems to attack on our weaker areas and we dont seem to be able to stop them. We need to play "our" own game instead of the changes we made last night. Dont understand what Pep was thinking but what done is done......I just hope he doesnt hold back against the Rags. Winning the Prem on Sat, would go a long way to help us (and the team) get over last nights disappointment.

Last edited:
why do i find i'm listening to disintegration by the cure?

no away goals, that's what done for us, shocking performance, the worst under pep by a country mile.

expect a face saving performance at best next tuesday.

not playing sterling was a mistake, it would of kept robertson occupied rather than him bombing on like he did

i hate playing at anfield

I believe Pep to genuinely be a superb manager, I also think he got it very wrong last night.
I can kind of understand not playing Sterling, as the Anfield occasion appears to get to him.... but play Bernardo instead...like for like..not fkn Gundogan.
You create the same issue you had in the first half of the carling cup final.
Also not sure about Laporte at left back....clearly out there to sort out Salah.... but he kept showing him inside....

Hopefully an early goal next Tuesday will hurt them...and give them something to think about

Came on to post virtually the same thing. Gundogan is a quality player but was out of position and it told.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.