Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

I’ve wondered all season why other teams don’t try what these lot do. Just come at us like madmen. Press hard and far like we do but with the added muscle and physicality our players often struggle with. Seems better than essentially playing for a respectable loss as teams do with us.

I’ve wondered all season why other teams don’t try what these lot do. Just come at us like madmen. Press hard and far like we do but with the added muscle and physicality our players often struggle with. Seems better than essentially playing for a respectable loss as teams do with us.
The reason we struggled with that last night is that we don't come up against it very often and so it was alien to us. Pep will find a way, maybe too late this season, but he will find a way.

They do that to every team at Anfield.

More so City and the other big teams.

Ok, the match was over, but they did nothing in the 2nd half. Sadly, neither did we.

I always look at it like this.

Stop Liverpool scoring at the KOP end and you have a chance, as they aren't great at attacking the other end.

So after winning the toss, I was hoping we would get through the first of Liverpool attacking the KOP unscathed.

Sadly not.

Out of the CL.

Credit to Liverpool, great first half. They were first to every ball and pressed us extremely well.

Pep got his selection wrong. Starting the invisible man Gundogan was a mistake.

Very sad night, players lost their heads. First goal was a gift and second one was a worldie and we never recovered. Did not even test their shit defense and goal keeper.

One of the worst performance I’ve seen in a while. Similar to the first half of Monaco away where all the players were shaking in their boots.

3-0 is a terrible result. It’s pretty much over. If they score just one goal we would need to score 5.

Anything is possible if we get an early goal. It would be some comeback but yea the chance is very small.

The reason we struggled with that last night is that we don't come up against it very often and so it was alien to us. Pep will find a way, maybe too late this season, but he will find a way.

I hope so but the answer probably involves two or three players with the physicality and power needed to fight for and win the second ball in these battle situations.

I would be looking to replace squad players such as Gundy with someone who can match fire with fire at Anfield. And a striker who can win those battles as well.

Personally I think we looked completely shell shocked in the first half. The attack of the team bus going into the stadium, definitely, made its mark on the players mentally, that was pure intimidation- UEFA should make Liverpool play under closed doors for the next 2 games - as punishment, as that definitely shouldn’t happen in this modern era. We were all over the place in that first 20 mins, and Liverpool were all over us like a rash - they looked dead on there feet in the 2nd half. I still think thou we’ll do them at the Etihad!!

Still stewing on it. Bothers me that we did seem to be intimidated and, again, collapsed there for about a fifteen minute spell. Weak mentality from players who should know a lot better.

Don’t know how we fix that.

Between the noise and the pressing you could visibly see some of our players disappear into themselves.

We are clearly better than them, but the mental block kills us. And somehow they put so much more into games against us AND every little thing breaks their way. I don’t think all is lost, and have no doubt at the very least we’ll give them a massive scare on Tuesday - away from Klanfield they can’t get close to that, but we’re going to be hindered by this until we overcome it.

I am convinced we will go through.

If they can score three inside half an hour, this City team can certainly do likewise over the course of ninety minutes.

A couple of things which could be important when the dust settles.

Salah could be missing with an apparent groin issue, which for a speed merchant is a nightmare.

Henderson is suspended, meaning their already depleted midfield will be another man short.

Sergio will be fit also.

We saw shades of possible momentum breakdown in Liverpool when they Salah went off.

Barca were four down last year against PSG, and I do think we have five in us, even if Liverpool get one.

Bookmark this.

Totally in agreement, 3 may have done us a favour, 4 and it's probably be over, only 2 would have meant us taking our time getting back into it next week. Now its just go all out for it. Got that Hamburg game written all over it, just hope we get the extra one needed this time. Could be the night we actually prove ourselves next week, time for 1 or 2 to step up and prove their worth in this competition.

No player performed, absolutely dreadful. The seasons biggest fixture and it was a complete bottle job. It’s taken the shine off things for me, the world was watching last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.