Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

It's often said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, Pep v Klopp/Dippers springs to mind with that one, really don't know what he was thinking last night tbh.

What like passing the ball to Sane all night despite the face he was getting nowhere..... bring on Sterling and keep passing the ball to Sane...

Sterling should've swapped sides with Sane

ooof that 1st half was hard to take. what a mess.

almost as hard as reading all the sports pages today.

I think this game highlights we need an energetic centre mid, a left back (as well as mendy) and a top class centre forward
We’re amazing but still don’t have cover in certain areas

Just remember Liverpool haven’t won a league for 28 years!!!!
They have one league cup in last 12 years
They Are good in one off games but we have bossed the league this year
And if they lose in next round it means nothing overall

As everybody knows, it's the lack of the goal in the second half that's going to kill us. At 3-1, the return leg is a different match. We can beat them at our place, maybe 2-1, maybe even 3-1, but I seriously doubt that we can stop them scoring. And even 4-1 wouldn't be enough. Fair play: I truly dislike their supporters – watched it in the pub, there was one utterly obnoxious bellend giving it the big one right through the match, London accent, never seen any of them before, they seem to crawl out of the woodwork for the big European matches or the domestic finals, otherwise they're nowhere to be seen. But their team is on fire, Salah is having an extraordinary season, as good as Suarez's in 2013-14. They did a number on us, and no mistake. And Klopp quite rightly told them, at half time, right, you've done the job, now sit back, stay disciplined, and conserve energy. What shocks me is that Karius did not have a single shot to save. I didn't think the dippers were capable of that level of discipline in defence. They didn't allow anybody to stray into space unnoticed in that second half. They kept their eye on everyone. Didn't think they had that in them.
No, really, I think the CL is for another year. I regret it, because I do care about winning this competition, and our owners now clearly consider it as a priority. Whatever, this is a truly marvellous season. Just one week ago, we completely played Everton off the park, and everybody was raving about the level of our play. And that's happened over and over this season (not least against the dippers in September). I'm not consoling myself, I absolutely hate losing to that lot, and we were thoroughly beaten. But you've got to keep a sense of perspective.
One slight glimmer (and it really is a slight one): I thought Raz played fairly well when he came on, and did not look the slightest bit bothered by the famous 'Anfield atmosphere', to my eye.

Tough to take this morning. Had to put up with a pub full of dippers in Bristol whist watching it. Thank god I turned down a ticket in there end. They are unbearable, I find them more annoying than United fans.
Guardiola messed up last night no doubt. Like most games that first goal is crucial and with them scoring first that was them on their way. They defended brilliantly last night . We need a couple of early goals next week and you just never know.

Had a sleep to absorb this game. Too slow to react to the press and we tried the same thing over and over again with expecting same to get past a brick wall. Liverpool did well to stop the wing play and we had little stretch on the pitch. Bad day at the office and hope pep actually learns from klopps tactics and finds an answer for the return leg.

They escalated my hatred for them last night with the attack on the bus and the mindless booing. I’d happily lose the derby Saturday if it meant we won 4-0 Tuesday. League is won it would hurt Utd and Liverpool more to see us win the champs league. Yep I’m sorry I’d rather lose now Saturday and turn last night around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.