Ali Benarbia

When he realised he was not up to it he ripped his contract up and walked away , no taking money under false pretences , a credit to himself , unlike a certain bald gobshite former England right back .
Probably my all time fav City player after Spanish Dave. I’m sure I remember Keegan saying that we initially gave him a 1 year contract and then when we came to giving him another one he just said “ok, no need for negotiations, I’m happy getting paid what I am now”. Absolute magician of a player and then his legs just seem to go overnight. Think he’d won French player of the year twice and yet no one had ever heard of him over here

I've always been a part-time match goer so being at Maine Rd for Ali's debut is one of my favourite City memories, especially as I was sat in the corner between the main and north stands which happened to be the area of the pitch where he did his best work that day. He bossed the game and just seemed to instantly mesh with the rest of the team picking out incisive passes again and again, his quality on the ball was immediately obvious and he threw in a few backheels and flicks for good measure. I also distinctly remember Stan Lazaridis losing the plot over abuse he was getting from the crowd and flicking the Vs behind his back while taking a throw in, was especially funny since they were being utterly outclassed!

His Birmingham debut he was fucking brilliant. That Sheff Wed away game he was absolutely mental. Top player.

Loved this fella in a city shirt. Him and berko were the best in the business.

Definitely, that team was a joy to watch. I remember thinking it may be the best football I'd ever see City play. Loved Berkovic as well, I remember him absolutely bossing the midfield in a game at old Trafford, I think we drew but it was the first time I'd seen a city player do that in an away derby.

Definitely, that team was a joy to watch. I remember thinking it may be the best football I'd ever see City play. Loved Berkovic as well, I remember him absolutely bossing the midfield in a game at old Trafford, I think we drew but it was the first time I'd seen a city player do that in an away derby.

Went to that game game at Old Trafford and you are not wrong. We were immense that day. Had the winner chalked off in the last minute or two. As the ref apparently saw the ball hit Anelkas arm. No one else did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.