Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my favourite but undeniably a big part of our recent history, and which of us hasn’t acted the twat at some time?

Yup, let’s acknowledege the good times and give Yaya a memorable send-off.
He was imense a wonderful footballer we were very lucky to have him forget about the cake shit his agent etc in his prime he was the best

Even though Spanish Dave is the greatest player ever to wear the shirt IMO, there’s no denying who was the most eye catching. Someone stuck a 5 minute compilation video of Ya Ya on Facebook last week, and it verged on the orgasmic, a cavalcade of wonderstrikes, rampaging runs, incredible dribbles that should not have been possible for a man of his size, blistering pace and flattened opponents. A pity that, via his agent, he didn’t have the gumption to keep his word hole shut on occasion, but there’s no doubting what an advantage he was at his peak. One of the, if not the most, unique players I’ve ever seen

His agent clearly behaved like a pillock. Exactly how complicit Yaya was is less clear but Yaya has the capacity to be temperamental. He's certainly been known to show his emotions in games. What I have always wondered therefore is just how much he and therefore his behaviour was affected by the death of his younger brother. You do not expect to lose a younger sibling at that age and the grief can be profound and have a major impact in the shorter term. I'm not a psychologist but I unfortunately witnessed the effect of losing a younger brother can have on someone; everyone is different. Until someone can show me that Yaya's behaviour was unaffected, I will cut him some slack beyond what I might otherwise have done e.g. I couldn't much care what his agent says. Also, as posted above, I've always maintained Yaya's decline was overstated. Mind you, that City kind of declined with Yaya for a time perhaps only serves to endorse just how important he was.

If there is anything to forgive Yaya, now is the time to do that and to celebrate his huge contribution to turning MCFC into England's top club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.