City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed that this thread was about the progress to expand the stadium. What we have is s moan session about tickets being too expensive, lack of atmosphere, etc., etc.

We rally need to stop worrying about a few empty seats that have been sold. Incidentally those who think that empty seats will suddenly be filled if ticket prices are lower are in cloud cuckoo land. Cheaper season ticket prices would certainly make things worse as people would find it cheaper to buy a season ticket even if they could only attend a few matches.

Is it possible to keep this thread for updates on construction news?

I will from now on.

sorry to have gone off on one

I totally agree but dropping prices to fill an expanded stadium doesn’t make a great business case for spending whatever it would cost to redevelop the North Stand. I know we need to look beyond short term financials to build a bigger brand but our owners are prudent business men and shrewd investors- they won’t throw the money at the North Stand until they know it’s the right decision.

The reason we have empty seats is because prices are too low I have 2 £300 season cards and only go to a few games

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Can somebody please remind me how long the Etihad Stadium lease is for?

Many thanks
I can't remember if it was originally for 100 years or 250. I think it was 100 because I remember at the time it was being announced Chris Bird was still at City and a fan said to him something like '100 years - is that all? Not long enough!' Chris politely pointed out that City had 'only' been at Maine Road 80 years.

I can't remember if it was originally for 100 years or 250. I think it was 100 because I remember at the time it was being announced Chris Bird was still at City and a fan said to him something like '100 years - is that all? Not long enough!' Chris politely pointed out that City had 'only' been at Maine Road 80 years.

Thanks very much Gary

I understand the lease is for 250 years and City now pay a flat fee rather than a percentage above 32,000 as per the original agreement in 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.