Do not loan out Diaz and Foden

And probably ten times as many of the opposite

I watch a lot of different sports and it’s almost universally said across them all that you have to play regularly at a young age to develop your skills to the optimal level.

Look at all the best players across them that I’ve seen:
Ellery Hanley (staring regularly for Bradford at 19)
Andrew Johns (starting regularly for Newcastle at 19)
Michael Jordan (a bit different in US sports as they go to college until 21 but was playing all the time from 18 for North Carolina)
Lebron James (but then someone who skipped college and went straight to the NBA and was playing regularly for the Cavs from 18)
Same with Kobe Bryant
Mike Tyson (made his professional debut at 18, he had 15 fights in his first year)
Of course there are example in both camps.
Michael Owen, Rodwell and Barklay all have suffered through being “brought through “ too early into full time first team football just to name a few....
I am not saying that Foden and the likes should not play first team games, just that they need a gradual introduction into it.
Too much competitive football running 11km two to three times a week is on occasions going to be too much for a still growing body.
Pep seem to understand this and will do the right thing by player and club.
I like the way he has managed them to date.

I see game time for both.

We should definitely keep in house this season.

Diaz should get sometime on the left, Sterling is half the player on the left and I’m unsure on Mahrez on the left as well.

Foden has the bigger challenge for game time, with B.Silva, Gundogan Silva and KDB.

However Pep will want to give him game time.

We are very lucky to have these 2.

Diaz should get sometime on the left, Sterling is half the player on the left and I’m unsure on Mahrez on the left as well.

Foden has the bigger challenge for game time, with B.Silva, Gundogan Silva and KDB.

I think Foden is nailed on to replace Gundogan within the next year or two and with Merlin possibly finishing up soon there is space down the line for him. Keep him in-house and develop him slowly to be in the first 11 by the time he is 21. Not sure he can gain much by going out on loan indeed might pick up unwanted bad habits.

After saying we should keep both there doesn't seem room for Brahim and maybe a 6 month loan would be a good idea.

It's early days yet mind you.

After saying we should keep both there doesn't seem room for Brahim and maybe a 6 month loan would be a good idea.

It's early days yet mind you.
Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup. Also league games later in season. We'll have more injuries and suspensions

Stopped reading at "sterling half the player on the left". Guessing you didn't see the arsenal game.

Also, not sure how foden has a tougher time getting in the team when foden has started once and come off the bench this season and Diaz hasn't even been on the bench, in the prem at least.

Yep, agreed EB. Pep mentioned in his post match that Foden has had a season ..."fighting..." in training with the first team squad which suggests our training has toughened him up. Diaz always seems more dynamic, could, probably should, have had a goal too.

Diaz is the kind of player, Messi-like, who can dribble through a packed defence, or who can draw a free kick (if the Whistling Wankers play to the LotG!) on the edge of the box! Hope I'm still occupying one of the FOCs seats in CBL3 when these two are running the show!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.