QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to score four at home to advance now, they could score 2 away.

Not conceded 2 at home since the 22nd December!

In fact our last 11 home games have been won with results that would send us to extra time or send us through. We're still well in this.

I’m not sure Tottenham would’ve taken a 1-0 and Kane out for the rest of the season if you’d have offerd them. Thought we controlled the game in large parts, Delph loses concentration for a second gets his body position all wrong aswell and it’s in. Aguero needs to learn that in this competition you have to be ultra clinical. Shite soft penalties won’t work. I think we will bounce back at weekend and Tottenham will shit themselves in the return leg.

Laporte has had some brilliant games at left back and he would have been a million times better than Delph. Danilo too would have been a better option.

It’s not just his liability at the back either he disrupts our play every time he goes near the ball. Pulling back to get the ball on his right foot or lingering around doing nothing 30 yards from goal when we’re in attack.

I don’t even blame him, it’s not his fault. He’s just out of position and out of his depth.

Laporte is not a left back. But even if we did play him there, we would have missed out at center back. Liverpool wouldn't stick Van Dijk at right-back just because the right back option wasn't perfect - Delph's error for the goal was schoolboy-esque

I will never understand why Pep changes our team in the away legs of the Champions League. The last few years he’s changed the way we play away and it almost always backfires.

Mahrez did very little right or wrong. Silva continues his poor run of form. Delph is out of his depth and has cost us in almost every match he’s played.

Long term we need to figure out our striking situation, Aguero is incredible but always takes a while to get back after injury. Jesus doesn’t understand offside at all. Third season with us and he still can’t keep himself onside when it matters.

Agree with all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.