VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Watched a huge amount of football on TV over Xmas. The amount of subjectivity and errors in VAR is massive, as is players theatrics.

Seen Watford get a pen for a shoulder charge that was a lot less violent than the push on Mendy. Had Mendy dived and done the theatrics it would have been ruled out. Kane creates a penalty with a clever dive over a prone Norwich body. David James goes down like he's been shot every time he's challenged.

I am just picking on a few incidents that I remember but it has struck me that City are much less cynical and manipulative than other sides and perhaps if we can't beat them we should join them.

Watched a huge amount of football on TV over Xmas. The amount of subjectivity and errors in VAR is massive, as is players theatrics.

Seen Watford get a pen for a shoulder charge that was a lot less violent than the push on Mendy. Had Mendy dived and done the theatrics it would have been ruled out. Kane creates a penalty with a clever dive over a prone Norwich body. David James goes down like he's been shot every time he's challenged.

I am just picking on a few incidents that I remember but it has struck me that City are much less cynical and manipulative than other sides and perhaps if we can't beat them we should join them.

I had a discussion/heated argument with my ERO about City players, particularly Sergio, David Silva and Sterling who prefer to stay on their feet, control the ball and continue to play football. When you see some of the 'touches' that are sending thirteen and fourteen stone players on their arses just makes a mockery of the game. One guy this weekend, can't remember who, had a hand placed on him, not pulled, shoved, pushed or dragged, just placed , and the guy's hurtling to the ground as though every muscle in his lower limbs had ceased to work. But he gets the free kick which can be thumped into the oppo penalty area and would give them a chance that their inept football didn't.

You can see why they Ref us differently to enable Liverpool to streak away with the league but why keep shafting us well after the league is gone. Why are Leicester not getting the VAR treatment? I suppose the vitriol of the largest fan bases in the country and constant agenda-driven media bias affects even the Refs. We are now the red-headed stepchild and are treated as toxic like Rangers are in North Britain.

I think you're massively overrating the refereeing association in this country if you're classifying their incompetence as some intricate conspiracy plan. You may very well be right given some of the shocking decisions against us, but you see Norwich, Palace and Brighton all getting shafted in one day and you wonder if its just us or if they actually have a clue at all of what they're doing.

I think it was both a red card and not a foul on Mendy. The red card was soft I know that and there was no intention from Ederson to play the man, but when you come rushing out of your area you have to win the ball it’s as simple as that, he clips the man and he goes down easy but any of our player would of done the same, in fact they did Marhez went down like he had been shot but that too was a penalty.
As for the Mendy one even he didn’t think it was a foul he was far to soft. If he was just going to play the ball and didn’t see traore and he nudged him then it’s a foul, but Mendy tried to protect the ball from him and invite contact and was far far to soft.

agree

I had a discussion/heated argument with my ERO about City players, particularly Sergio, David Silva and Sterling who prefer to stay on their feet, control the ball and continue to play football. When you see some of the 'touches' that are sending thirteen and fourteen stone players on their arses just makes a mockery of the game. One guy this weekend, can't remember who, had a hand placed on him, not pulled, shoved, pushed or dragged, just placed , and the guy's hurtling to the ground as though every muscle in his lower limbs had ceased to work. But he gets the free kick which can be thumped into the oppo penalty area and would give them a chance that their inept football didn't.

They fall so easily with a slight hand on the shoulder it's a wonder they don't all fall to the ground in a huddle with arms on each ithers shoulders.

'Ring a ring of roses - all fall down'.

var is rewarding threatrics and diving that football has spent 40 years trying to eliminate. Until var officials stop rewarding this behaviour it will get worse. Coaches are catching on fast to what kind of cheating is advantages under the var system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.