Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

wouldn't you think with forward planning a spur off the metro link track so trams could be stacked for end of events or is that to easy
that could be done now while nobody allowed at football

just thought canal might be issue aarrgghhhh
they should stack boats then, and boat us back to town.:)

wouldn't you think with forward planning a spur off the metro link track so trams could be stacked for end of events or is that to easy

I was told they could not cope with extra tram traffic at the Piccadilly stop. They could use the area before the tunnel in to Piccadilly (just needs a platform), and shuttle trams back and to from the Etihad as there is a turn around between Asda and the Campus. But we the fans do not count so it will never happen.

What issue would that be?

hqdefault.jpg

Not certain on this, but thought that was the land just above the arena. Thought the bit the arena is on was just a rough overgrown bit that was left empty. Either way don't think it's many cars if any.
No it was never full so no big issue but we walk past this way every game and can confirm there were cars on there. Used to see a lot of vans with big satellite dishes on top (which is why I thought it was just for the media) but more recently it's been just cars. The arena seems to be on the land between the canal and Forge Lane and that land is split in two by a row of hedge in the middle so it can appear as though it's two bits of land. Also I don't know if the bridge over the canal is usable for vehicles so it may be overspill use from the car park on the other side of the canal/tram. Gibbon Street still is google-mapped as two car park entrances into this land (one off Forge Ln and the other off ATW). Obviously that road used to run over the bridge.

No it was never full so no big issue but we walk past this way every game and can confirm there were cars on there. Used to see a lot of vans with big satellite dishes on top (which is why I thought it was just for the media) but more recently it's been just cars. The arena seems to be on the land between the canal and Forge Lane and that land is split in two by a row of hedge in the middle so it can appear as though it's two bits of land. Also I don't know if the bridge over the canal is usable for vehicles so it may be overspill use from the car park on the other side of the canal/tram. Gibbon Street still is google-mapped as two car park entrances into this land (one off Forge Ln and the other off ATW). Obviously that road used to run over the bridge.

I think its empty Its where the BMX track use to be So its not the Car park on the other side of the canal that I use and its not the big Car park with the Gas meters but the smaller patch of land between the two

I think its empty Its where the BMX track use to be So its not the Car park on the other side of the canal that I use and its not the big Car park with the Gas meters but the smaller patch of land between the two
Yes, but on match days there were cars parked on there. It even says Car Park on that patch of land on Google maps and there's a sign on the entrance gate saying 'Car Park' so it's probably used as a car park, even if only occasionally.

No idea about any BMX track.

Here you go ...

Might only be a third of the patch of land on this map but it's within the footprint of the new arena as per the visuals I've seen.

E-mail from Co-op Live:

We’re pleased to share with you that we’re starting our early site preparation works for Co-op Live this week, as we begin to bring this exciting new venue to life.

Our teams of builders and engineers will be starting enabling works to prepare our site on the Etihad Campus this week – with initial works taking place during the working day from 7:30am until no later than 6pm on Monday to Friday.

We know how important it is to work closely with local residents and the community around us – so we’ll be here every step of the way to make sure you stay informed of all the latest news and progress.

So make sure you’re following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date with the latest news and important updates on Co-op Live.

We should be working hard on upgrading and expanding the Etihad now!.

Promising signs on vaccines and life could be getting back to some sort of normality this time next year.

Perfect time to get the stadium finished and the exterior looking far better than at this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.