Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The penny is dropping with me now that, as always, Mother Nature is outmanoeuvring mankind. We’ve gone from “over in 3 months” to autumn to spring and now I think we need to accept that this is going to take years. Despite reassurances I think it’s obvious that the variants are becoming vaccine resistant.& There will be relaxations of restrictions in certain areas but we aren’t getting back to normal for a long long time in my opinion.

Fucking hell cheer everyone up why don't you? What about the Spanish flu that died out on it's own without any vaccines.

This thread has been all positive today mate until you’ve dropped that nugget, lol.
Sorry everyone. I read a couple of long articles yeatefay which worried me, and at the same time as the good news I also heard that the South African strain is very resistant. I’ve been out all day and seen no news.

Somebody cleverer than me needs to reassure me.

Regional Cases Summary:

South:

London up 901 to 5268

South East down 15 to 4072

East down 71 to 3005

South West down 562 to 1532

Midlands

East Midlands up 193 to 2489

West Midlands down 5 to 3446

North

North East down 80 to 1087

Yorkshire up 93 to 1973

NORTH WEST

Down 60 to 3588

GREATER MANCHESTER

Unfortunately despite the slight fall in the regional numbers the GM total rose by 40.

This impacted the GM/ NW percentage but the numbers are small so the effect was minimal. Up from 33.9%to 34.7%

Most places in GM edged up a little. A few edged down a bit.

Only 3 boroughs below 100 at the higher end of being below.

But Manchester aside (up a bit but still below 300) the other 6 boroughs all bunched between 103 and 129.

All in all an OK day and many were down week to week which is the best news of all as the Weekly Pop Score of GM continues on a downward track.

And that really is the most important number of the day.

The penny is dropping with me now that, as always, Mother Nature is outmanoeuvring mankind. We’ve gone from “over in 3 months” to autumn to spring and now I think we need to accept that this is going to take years. Despite reassurances I think it’s obvious that the variants are becoming vaccine resistant.& There will be relaxations of restrictions in certain areas but we aren’t getting back to normal for a long long time in my opinion.

They're more evasive, but not substantially. The good news is that most of these vaccines still stop pretty much every case of serious disease, even with the new variants. Efficacy is usually measured on symptomatic covid. Naturally stopping 65% of symptomatic covid is great. It means the chances of serious covid is even lower, meaning higher efficacy. Most are above 90%. That's still a fucking huuuuuuge win. Many are already working on boosters for new variants.

I'm waiting with real interest for the reports coming back after the covid research team have got what they need following their searches in Wuhan. Maybe it will conclude that bats are the carriers and it's not a long journey to pass down the line into humans, but what I really hope that happens is the necessity of a cultural sea-change within China (and other countries that do this) of their wet market trade. I don't know the full facts about this, but having live animals across all species, caged and stacked on top of each other, blood and shit dripping down into the cages below, I find it astonishing that the practice is normal and nobody cares about the consequences, least of all animal welfare. A cultural change can only come from government in my opinion so if they're up for it then the rest will follow, they are a compliant nation of people. The Chinese authorities were (eventually) helpful around Feb/Mar last year when they handed over the genetic sequencing to virologists and their labs. They want to help but they'll never admit to having a problem with how they roll. Or it's all the bats fault.

They're a bit more evasive, but not substantially. The good news is that most of these vaccines still stop pretty much every case of serious disease, even with the new variants. That's still a fucking huuuuuuge win. Many are already working on boosters for new variants.
Thanks mate. Maybe I’ve had a paranoid day. It was Gates and Blair who worried me because they are men I respect. I’ll have a loon through the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.