The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
If City do a u turn, it will still leave a very sour taste in my mouth and many others including fans of other clubs.

Better late than never.....but I'm not sure I'll be as committed to the club as I was.

However, for full redemption, it would be funny if we were colluding with UEFA, PSG and the German clubs to rat out the American owners and show people how bad they are for the sport.

If Carlsberg did press releases............

(Fully aware it's a pipe dream, before anyone jumps on me)

I'd almost be more annoyed if they did a U turn.

The one thing I expect is that Khaldoon, Soriano and co. Wouldn't make this decision lightly. They'd do their research, know how unpopular it was (everyone should have known this after the reaction to project restart), try to avoid it if possible, but ultimately come to the conclusion its happening and in the best interests of the club to be on the inside of the breakaway and pull the trigger.

For them to back out 2 days later and say "whoopsie daisy! Maybe we didn't think this through" Would make me question their ability to run the club long term.

Is the damage done though? Will fans forgive the club for being part of this in the first place?

I don't know.

PS - Apologies for the personal insults yesterday. I'm deeply upset by this development and when upset people tend to react with anger.

I didn't see any personal insults, if you made them, then I'm not really bothered, bud, I enjoy debating with people, certainly if I feel I can offer a different perspective.

Thanks anyhow.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a walk back from City next couple days, much as I thought it impossible.

Uefa were speaking to us yesterday and it sounds like we may have been offered something to break away from the breakaway.

Football politics, eh?

Also, keep an eye on Infantino. We are much more closely aligned to him and even discussed a Super League of sorts with him which would have seen Soft Bank put up the funds, a firm Abu Dhabi has a big stake in.
I really hope this info is good mate. City walking away now would hopefully be the first domino. That cûnt Perez’s verbal arsewater from yesterday shows how poorly run this shit show would be.

how would we all feel if the club did pull out? is that enough? have they redeemed themselves or is a big big apology and explanation needed too?

Damage has been done. If we did, it would only be because we were forced to by outside pressure and trying to save face rather then because of any high moral principles. It's still going to taint the club.

But they're not pulling out are they? Where are people getting this idea?
Because it's obvious from the extent of the political response that this new league will not happen.

The maximum possible sanctions are required for the clubs who devised this. I think its obvious City are not one of those clubs. But we will be damaged because we accepted the invite to be a founding club. The executives of this club are obliged to act in the clubs best interests hence they should be looking to exit from this.

The rest of football will lump us in with Real Madrid and Manchester Utd. I doubt they have any interest in discriminating between the 12 or 15 founding members.

When this is done, there need to be changes at boardroom level. Liverpool were alleged to have stolen data from Manchester City over an extended period of time, and we ended up being in a position where we could not turn the tables on them when the club was targeted by Liverpool and Man Utd last season. We were facing a cabaal of clubs who have always been acting against us, and now we have joined them? Big mistake. I am not against the ownership of Manchester City but I am getting dissatisfied with the operational executive of Manchester City who don't seem able to properly assess the consequences of their actions.

Man Utd and Real Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus seemed to have hatched this plan. Put as much possible distance between us and them, and make it clear we had our reservations and have now decided in the best interests of the club and football that we do not wish to be involved.

Let us hope that there is some legal way out of this. How can City be sanctioned by a founding Super League that will never exist and is illegitimate?

And regardless of which way and where this goes from here, even if it goes back to the status quo ante of last week, football will never be the same again, it will never mean the same again. The emotion, glory, pain, the dreaming, the hope, the passion,everything that makes the game of football what it is and what it means to millions of football fans was murdered and in its place a sterile, insipid product designed to make money for club owners was revealed. The mask that in reality we all knew had been there for a good few decades now, finally slipped to reveal the ugly true face of the monster that has been lurking beneath. The delusion that had kept us interested and engaged up till now, the suspension of disbelief that had allowed us to kid ourselves that somehow all was as it had always been, that the values of something created by working class folk for their enjoyment and entertainment were somehow still intact, that we the people who were the most emotionally attached to what was our sport and our clubs somehow mattered, wasn't just shattered, it was blown to smithereens.
It really does change everything.
It brings football down from a passion and and an obsession for many to a mere entertainment, a bit like going to watch a movie. It's a feeling that a lot of us won't be able to shake. The history, the rivalry, the slights, the injustices, the achievements, the glory and a thousand other emotions that go to making up the psyche of a football fan have been destroyed.
In its place we now have an entertainment offering, with fake clubs, with fake owners, with fake rivalries, with fake fans.
For the sake of football and football fans in this country, I hope the 6 breakaway clubs are expelled and I hope that allows us to focus on the core of our domestic game without the distraction of always looking to European competition to bring in ever more money, to spend on ever bigger wages, with ever more expensive tickets. It would result in a departure of big name foreign players, it would result in a drop in the technical quality of the football but it would give us a chance to rebuild football in way that retains the values that make football what it is to so many passionate, genuine fans of what was the ultimate working class sport.
The best post I've seen this year.

I'd almost be more annoyed if they did a U turn.

The one thing I expect is that Khaldoon, Soriano and co. Wouldn't make this decision lightly. They'd do their research, know how unpopular it was, try to avoid it if possible, but ultimately come to the conclusion its for happening and in the best interests of the club to be on the inside of the breakaway and pull the trigger.

For them to back out 2 days later and say "whoopsie daisy! Maybe we didn't think this through" Would make me question their ability to run the club long term.
Yeah I said that yesterday too. It would essentially show they didn’t apply much thought to what is a seismic decision. There’s no good outcome from here, just differing levels of shite. I want the u-turn desperately though, but I would probably also want all those that made this decision to resign with immediate effect. It raises huge questions about them. But I would forgive. Would never forget though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.