Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No guarantee you would have. Just conjecture. I equally know triple jabbed people who've had to isolate all over Christmas due to a positive test.

If people become vaccine dependent, either psychologically or immunologically, then it has wider societal implications.

As has been stated, the elderly and vulnerable needed boosters and have access to them. So the millions off work idea is a strawman because the no booster argument hasn't been presented. The main reason people are off work is because they're made to isolate for something they have little to no symptoms for. People for both Covid and non-Covid treatments are now seeing their treatments impacted as a result, despite boosters.
That's your exact argument for the non-vulnerable.

UK Cases over 200,000 - 218,724

But England only was 148,725 - which is NOT a high. Has been over 160,000 twice last week.

Caused by big backlogs reported from other nations such as Northern Ireland after days not reporting.

Hope the media tell people these 'nuances'.

Full details from each nation on the data thread.

Good spot!

It's a standard escalation procedure.

No idea why you find it problematic.

I think it's certain parts of the media using it to aid their campaign for further restrictions that they are taking issue with.
Exactly that.

It's a situation that needs managing and not the near collapse of sections of the NHS.

So what are you suggesting?

That the NHS does not use this procedure?

Or...?
I'm saying that the term 'critical incident' is an incorrect description of a standard management procedure to deal with situations such as temporary staff shortages.

In normal times it doesn't really matter but it is being used currently to make out that sections of the NHS are close to collapse. They are under pressure certainly but that is what highly paid managers are meant to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.