Ian Cheeseman vlog v Newcastle

I think his blog would be great for Blues out of the country or who can't get to games. It gives a bit of local views and news, interviews with fans and ex players, I find it interesting. I don't get the hate. Sure the guy had to be a bit pc due to his media work and connections but I still enjoy it. There are plenty of more edgy blogs out there, something for everyone.

How can you give the team your support while commentating on the game, yes he's seen a lot of games, an awful lot of those will have been working for various media outlets. I don't dislike the bloke, but even on the specials, he had his transport paid for.
Support comes in different forms. The guy goes to 99% of games, home away and Europe. He has based his whole career on City. He makes tons of content for the City community. I think he deserves kudos (as opposed to criticism) for getting paid to attend so many games.

A lot of the comments on here are quite harsh. I'm a friend of Ian and he's a genuinely nice bloke. He's entitled to his opinion and should be able to give it without personal digs flying in from anonymous posters.

I listened to his podcast, won’t be doing again. The negative vibe throughout was very odd considering the position our team are in.

He started by moaning about his trip via Dublin to Madrid. Poor thing had to go through security twice. He then went about coming back via Palma ‘because of the cost’.

He then turned his thoughts on not enough players going over to thank the fans after the game! Maybe, just maybe, some players had other things on their minds in the toxic atmosphere?

Then Pep got it in the neck with his team selection for the semi. Whilst many may agree, he and his guests wanted our players patched up and flogged some more, brilliant!

His comments about the minutes silence were odd as he ‘clearly heard the announcement’ from his press seat but maybe some fans in the concourse may have not? He had to mention Munich 58, of course he did!

Got me thinking of when he knifed Mancini in the back on national radio. I had to stop the car to listen to his comments on 5Live. He clearly knew that Bobby was going to get sacked but at the time he was still our manager. He went down in my estimation that day.

I remember someone on here was sat near him against Wolves away a year or so ago and he refused to celebrate one of our goals because he didn’t think it was a pen. A bit odd that tbh.

Last edited:
Apart from that I think Cheesy is OK and I would agree it looks like he is in it for himself a bit.
I consider Ian to be a friend of mine. He has been very supportive to me during my health problems so you may say I’m slightly biased.

Of course Ian is looking after himself. He has to earn a living and he has a family to support. It’s a crowded profession and he is doing a good job keeping going. He’s fought and is still fighting to keep his hand in.

He might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it would be a boring old world if we were all the same. :-)

I watched a TV programme the other day ‘Kate and Koji’ brilliant comedy series. I’m going to paraphrase a little from it: Koji says to Kate that he is worried about going on a date with this new woman because he always has bad luck with women. Kate says yes but think about it if we all met the perfect partner by the time we’re 25 there’d be nothing else left to do and it would be practically life over nothing to look forward to! Same thing with comparisons really I guess.
I prefer to see (or try to see) all sides of a discussion.
Have a good evening all and enjoy the game. :-)

I quite like him. He's obviously City mad and he gets some great ex-Players on as guests.
Cheesy does get a few spin off benefits from being a "Man if the People" but I think he must put many unsocial hours in to get his perks.
He seems to get his Podcast to drop first of the City related ones so sometimes the views on it lack context. The Wembley chanting being a case in point.
I don't care for one or two of his regular guests on the pod. Too many knee jerk reactions.
The 9320 contributors are a class apart. Well done to Ahsan in assembling a great squad of interesting and informed contributors.

just off to the pub then ground
seems someone always as an axe to grind with cheesy
seems to me when the pressure is on too for us.

never met him,walked passed him on loads of aways while he's filming his vlogs.

i like him,and his vlogs,and i'd have him over a lot of our jcl's

up the mighty blues

He is the same as Kevin Parker. Free loading and doesn’t like paying for anything. They think they are above the normal fan.
What evidence do you have of Kevin freeloading?
How many hours a day do you think he spends his free time working for nothing on behalf of supporters club members?
Someone begrudged Cheesey having a free ride on the Specials.....
And while me and my friends were drinking out of cans we had smuggled on, playing cards and having a laugh in comfyish seats, he was sat in a guards van making ham or cheese butties for the likes of me to buy on the way back.

I listened to his podcast, won’t be doing again. The negative vibe throughout was very odd considering the position our team are in.

He started by moaning about his trip via Dublin to Madrid. Poor thing had to go through security twice. He then went about coming back via Palma ‘because of the cost’.

He then turned his thoughts on not enough players going over to thank the fans after the game! Maybe, just maybe, some players had other things on their minds in the toxic atmosphere?

Then Pep got it in the neck with his team selection for the semi. Whilst many may agree, he and his guests wanted our players patched up and flogged some more, brilliant!

His comments about the minutes silence were odd as he ‘clearly heard the announcement’ from his press seat but maybe some fans in the concourse may have not? He had to mention Munich 58, of course he did!

Got me thinking of when he knifed Mancini in the back on national radio. I had to stop the car to listen to his comments on 5Live. He clearly knew that Bobby was going to get sacked but at the time he was still our manager. He went down in my estimation that day.
The players came over, clapped us for about a minute then rushed down the tunnel, what more does he want them to do, climb up to the away end and start thanking everyone personally!?

What evidence do you have of Kevin freeloading?
How many hours a day do you think he spends his free time working for nothing on behalf of supporters club members?
Someone begrudged Cheesey having a free ride on the Specials.....
And while me and my friends were drinking out of cans we had smuggled on, playing cards and having a laugh in comfyish seats, he was sat in a guards van making ham or cheese butties for the likes of me to buy on the way back.
It should be Sir Kevin Parker for all he does for Blues. Cheesy is a top Blue too and deserves the leeway but I wish our own side would stop dragging out the minute’s misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.