It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Personally I’m glad to see City have finally mastered the art of moving players on we have had some great sales this season
Historically we have kept players too long and therefore not generated income from their sales
I remember as a kid waking up to see some Utd legend being sold and thinking wow.The next week another star signed and made them stronger and became their next legend
The key for me is to get the best years out of the player and move them on and replace them with the next one
We finally seem to be doing that as long as we replace the likes of Ake Zinchenko etc etc we will be fine it’s called evolution

If he goes then a replacement will join. As we have done for every other position this window.

Most likely. However if we are speculating, which we all are, perhaps that might be one of the reasons the club have rejected significant offers for Kabore. I.e If we get Cucurella and Zinch stays, 4 FBs with Cancelo doing a lot at RB. If Zinch leaves, Cancelo covers more LB and Kabore who would take up that spare NHG spot in the squad helps at RB.

Zinchenko would barely play if Cucurella came in. And if all of Cucurella, Cancelo and Walker are fit, Pep will have a pleasant headache picking who to play. Zinchenko would always be 4th choice.

But replacing Aké with Kounde sounds expensive?
Quality costs and 45m and Ake off the books is simply too good to resist.

Kounde is a huge, huge upgrade on Ake and possibly even Dias and Laporte.

I can’t believe yesterday I was thinking City need to sell Zin too along with Ake and get Cucu for left back and Gvardiol who can be Ake replacement and Cucu cover at the left, these four deals would balance each other monetarily and on the pitch. If these four deals go through it would be excellent, but if we get Pau for example instead of Gvardiol, Cucu would be left without a cover which would be a problem if what happened last season happens next season. These four deals could make this either a 10/10 summer or screw us over if we get hit with injuries. Although their is also Issa Kaboré to consider, if Pep wants to keep him with the team but getting stuck with three natural right back and only one left back would be a gamble, shit I really don’t want to be the recruitment team right now, hopefully everything works out.

Putting exact names aside, you think that the club would happily spend 47m on a player that isn't as good as they are after, but not spend 65m on a player they think would be an ideal addition and has long term potential?
He is not any worse than Ake (and not much drop in quality than we current have) he is only slightly more expensive than what we have paid Bournemouth and he is more likely to move than Gvardiol this time. More than likely he will be at Juventus.

Most likely. However if we are speculating, which we all are, perhaps that might be one of the reasons the club have rejected significant offers for Kabore. I.e If we get Cucurella and Zinch stays, 4 FBs with Cancelo doing a lot at RB. If Zinch leaves, Cancelo covers more LB and Kabore who would take up that spare NHG spot in the squad helps at RB.
Could definitely be a factor

I reckon we let Kabore go on loan with Walker's age in mind and we go with Cucurella and Cancelo at LB and Walker and Cancelo on the right. We have Laporte and Stones capable of playing at full back and could yet bring in an Ake replacement capable of LB also.

Good luck to zinchenko, seems a sound lad and has been a big part of our success.

I think cucurella will be a brilliant signing, very intelligent fullback, good technically and positionally and seems to have that really good timing, which reminds me of zabaleta in his pomp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.