Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We will see about signing, Txiki and his department are scouting, he’ll know what is best for the team."

Simply hate that kind of answers from Guardiola. He knows we need at least one natural left-back, but answers in the "I don't care" style don't help at all.

Player of the season for a bunch of average mid table no marks who have been punching above their weights for far too long, well done mate!
One thing that sets City fans apart is that we don't forget where we have come from. For many, many years of my time supporting City, I would have been delighted to have been playing the quality of football that Brighton play, and to be in their PL position. Your post reflects badly on you and is no reflection of what City fans think.

"We will see about signing, Txiki and his department are scouting, he’ll know what is best for the team."

Simply hate that kind of answers from Guardiola. He knows we need at least one natural left-back, but answers in the "I don't care" style don't help at all.
What exactly do you want him to say?

It’s not a mistake if the right player isn’t available or doesn’t want to come or whose club won’t sell him at the right price. That’s just football.

It’s impossible to always have a proper squad with no gaps. No club has ever achieved that in the history of football.

We’d have Harry Maguire and Harry Kane instead of Ruben Dias and Erling Haaland if we’d not waited for the right signings.
It had nothing to do with the right players not being available & everything to do with Kompany informing the club of his intentions to leave, & City not moving quickly enough to cover our arses.

That season we went with Laporte, Otamendi & Stones. Stones was perma-injured at the time & was going through his personal problems. Otamendi was never blessed with pace or height & was in his 30s, & we were one Laporte injury away from defensive disaster.

The plank who kept trolling me around the forum also claimed Fernandinho could step in as well as Walker, & that we also had two academy CB's who'd both played the sum total of a half of Carabao Cup football each to call upon if really stretched. :-|

Our first team defence that season if memory serves me right was Danilo, Walker, Mendy, Otamendi, Stones & Laporte. 6 players (2 with bad injury records) covering 4 positions for a potential 60-game season.

Two months later, Laporte essentially got a season ending injury & 5 Premier League wins on the bounce became 2 + 2 as Liverpool romped to the title. Our main transfer targets the following summer sadly proving my point about regretting not moving quickly to replace Kompany.

No one is infallible & that includes Txiki & Guardiola.

In our defence though, if memory serves me right, it was around the time UEFA/G14 were threatening us with another round of FFP sanctions after the Der Spiegel hacked emails.

Personally I suspected this had more to do with not replacing Kompany than the right players not being available, but it was a huge error on our part & totally different to not replacing Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.