Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you can’t, but a club of our current stature, resources, money recouped selling players, to not have a natural permanent left back is criminal
Was it criminal to not have a number 9 for the last 2 years.
United have got 4 natural left full backs,it's served them well !!
Great teams overcome different scenarios.
That does not mean,we should not be looking for one,but we should not be letting clubs pull our pants down.
I will be amazed if Cucu is not a City player by this time next week

Agree on point 1. On point 2? Meh! You walk away if you are not satisfied. No one's damaged
Wrong choice of words. I mean brighton benefit ultimately by keeping their best player and will still get good money next year most probably. City walk away and we still need a lb. Cucurella is a good fit for us on terms of age, ability, experience in the prem. Also lack of alternatives means potentially City say we will wait- which is a risk

The Brighton fans are giving it large over on twitter
And they're being incredibly smug and arrogant on Reddit as well.

Of course, that's Reddit's business as usual, so take that with a boulder of salt.

Last edited:
I thought he was frustrating. Clearly very confident but he had tunnel vision on the ball, often ignored the simple pass back inside and his defensive positioning was awful.

You can see he's got a lot of potential but he's ridiculously raw.
Fair assessment, looked very good in spots. Had a decent injury last xmas, not really kicked a ball since Jan so i'll let him off. Still gotta be 3rd/4th choice at a push for the LB slot though.

How has £50m become a realistic price for Cucurella? When he was first rumoured 3 or 4 weeks ago the general feeling was £30m max, but once we are alleged to be interested the price goes through the roof, same as with Harry Kane. I understand he is under contract to Brighton and they can ask what they want - but £50m is way over the top for an attacking full back who managed one goal and two assists in a full season playing nearly every game (admittedly with better forwards the assist tally would most likely have been higher). He ain’t worth £50m unless we are paying per strand of hair. Time to move in to another target. FFP dictates that money is no object is not an option
Paper talk regarding £30 m, Brighton have always said a big offer needed.

Unless city have kept the player in the loop about their plans for bids etc i`m sure Cucurella wont exactly be impressed we arent going for him full steam? Whatever the plan we need a proper left back this summer.

I may be wrong but i am pretty sure Cucurella's agent will have the details of the salary we have planned for his client - which he will be very interested in and the same agent will soon be seeking a meeting with Bloom to ask a) are you going to sanction a move for my client at a 'reasonable' price or b) given you valuation of him at £50m when are you going to pay him in line with that valuation.

I may be wrong but i am pretty sure Cucurella's agent will have the details of the salary we have planned for his client - which he will be very interested in and the same agent will soon be seeking a meeting with Bloom to ask a) are you going to sanction a move for my client at a 'reasonable' price or b) given you valuation of him at £50m when are you going to pay him in line with that valuation.

oh no doubt Cucurella will get a nice pay rise playing for us mate and he obviously fluttered his eye lashes at us at the end of the season with his comments and social media activity but as we have found the personal terms etc is always the easy bit?

The Brighton fans are giving it large over on twitter

Brighton fans giving it large - how very dare they ! Brighton fans enjoying their day in the sun - but they are a club stacking up debts with a questionable owner who's doing his best for the club by trying to make an unreasonable profit on a player who's had one good season with them. City are no mugs and we won't give in to unreasonable demands and if they see being left with a potentially pissed off player as a victory - good luck to the small time Charlie's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.