Vicky Kloss

Met her in the past. Don't know her history but she does scream 'ex copper'. She was sound though

I’ll always be grateful and have the utmost respect for her for standing up for this very forum when Tariq Panja and certain other journalists were shit-stirring over alleged online threats. Still seems slightly surreal that City actually had to give an official statement to the New York Times about us(!), but they were heady days I guess.

Would’ve been very easy for her to have distanced the club, or at least been noncommittal, but instead it felt like a pretty staunch defence:

“The forum in question, which is independent of Manchester City FC, is responsibly managed and has been since its inception,” a City spokesman said. “Manchester City FC has always been impressed with its ability to both present a platform for open debate whilst robustly policing anti-social or offensive posts. The small number of messages which appear to have breached the self-imposed strict rules of the forum were swiftly removed by the moderators themselves prior to any concern being raised by the club, the NYT or indeed any third party.”

Here’s the article in full for anyone interested:

I’ll always be grateful and have the utmost respect for her for standing up for this very forum when Tariq Panja and certain other journalists were shit-stirring over alleged online threats. Still seems slightly surreal that City actually had to give an official statement to the New York Times about us(!), but they were heady days I guess.

Would’ve been very easy for her to have distanced the club, or at least been noncommittal, but instead it felt like a pretty staunch defence:

“The forum in question, which is independent of Manchester City FC, is responsibly managed and has been since its inception,” a City spokesman said. “Manchester City FC has always been impressed with its ability to both present a platform for open debate whilst robustly policing anti-social or offensive posts. The small number of messages which appear to have breached the self-imposed strict rules of the forum were swiftly removed by the moderators themselves prior to any concern being raised by the club, the NYT or indeed any third party.”

Here’s the article in full for anyone interested:

Meanwhile no journalists complain about threats from Liverpool fans such is the ferocity of their forums & other fan media platforms.

Maybe one day Vicky would be able to tell all about what’s happened over the last 10 years. It would make an incredible book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.