Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear he has one foot out of the door at this stage. Between Paris and Barca, he is expecting one of them to come up with the cash and he will take either move :(

Seems to be more a lifestyle decision than a footballing one.

Despite reports he is putting down roots in Manchester, people closer to him say it is nothing that binds him.

We could have some seriously big till before deadline day to spend.
TBH having seen Erling's debut I am not nearly as worried as I was, although I still fancy him in this team. I want to see him RW, tricking and playing EH in. Or without KDB, pushed up, sweeping up the play around Haaland's feet.

But if we could get LB sorted - even half sorted - add another central player and then leave ourselves in a good position to think about a winger... that would not be a problem.

From the fail:

Barcelona were so desperate to satisfy LaLiga's financial fair play rules this summer that they bought their own TV rights future revenue from themselves, and tried to declare the deal as new income. Spanish radio station Cope revealed the perfectly legal manoeuvre and confirmed that LaLiga did not accept the artificially-inflated declared income, leaving the club still trying to find ways to register all their new signings. Barca brilliantly dismantled Pumas on Sunday in their final pre-season friendly of what has been an extraordinary summer. And president Joan Laporta said: 'There will be no problem in registering all the players we have signed. We are on the right road (to doing that).'

Hmmmmm. That beats inflated sponsorship every day ;-)
Oh yeah, don't mistake, I understand the club's situation, but seriously am wierded out by certain things.

Wants to start a family with his missus and bring them up closer to relatives.

The guy was stuck in a flat in central Manchester during lockdown, can't begrudge him wanting a different lifestyle at this stage in his career.

Love him to bits, remains a top professional and respectful of City's stance, he won't gripe if nothing materialises for him this month.

Purely a lifestyle issue.
Thanks mate. No you are right. I'm guilty of thinking about the success of the team and forgetting about Bernie as a human being who wants to live his life the way he wants to. Fair play to him. I selfishly hope that he is still with us for this season but if he leaves then good luck and best wishes to both of them.

Grant him the move next season as we are not going to replace him this stage of the season (even if it is to Barcelona for £63m). Forget Neymar, Nkunku, Bellingham etc; none of them are going to move at the last minute for various reasons. We kept both Jesus and Sterling with 12 months left on their deals.

Deferred is hardly a sacrifice at all when you're a multimillionaire. And unless I'm much mistaken, others agreed to outright drops in salaries.
But, as you pointed out, it's a short-term issue. They're not going to go bust, so why should any of their players be criticised for expecting to be paid the contract amounts that the club willingly agreed?

Thanks mate. No you are right. I'm guilty of thinking about the success of the team and forgetting about Bernie as a human being who wants to live his life the way he wants to. Fair play to him. I selfishly hope that he is still with us for this season but if he leaves then good luck and best wishes to both of them.
He will be here this season as there isn't going to be any replacement lined up and the squad is thin as it is.

I don't understand this point of view. Barca have gone and mortgaged their future for a transfer window but look at the players they have bought. They are going to challenge for trophies, no doubt.
They haven't defaulted on any wages to anyone, they are shifting dead wood by the week and have a chairman willing to push things that have never been done before, rightly or wrongly.

If it goes wrong and Barca fold, Bernardo walks away and has a line of clubs waiting to sign him. Where is the risk?
Barcelona haven’t defaulted in wages? Apart from DeJong, Ter Stegen, Lenglet and Pique?

But, as you pointed out, it's a short-term issue. They're not going to go bust, so why should any of their players be criticised for expecting to be paid the contract amounts that the club willingly agreed?
Because the 'short term issue' (not exactly what I said) threatens the club's future. And others agreed to actual reductions. So... you know.

If he'd played the paint off the ball last few years, that'd be one thing. He really hasn't.

As lovely a bloke that Bernardo is I would hope we are telling him that he has a contract with us, and IF someone offers an acceptable amount we MAY accept their offer, we may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.