Worst City players you remember

Ray Sambrook and Clive Colbridge. One for the FOCs
As an FOC, I will tell you of how Clive Colbridge was once a City hero - at the beginning of the 1960-61 season, Spurs were riding high (It was their double-winning season). I think they won all their games till Octoiber the 10th, when they hosted City, and were expected to give us a drubbing.
A mild sensation occurred when City held them to a 1-1 draw, Colbridge scoring our goal. He was talented, but very inconsistent and frustrating.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to get pelters for this, but here goes. I think it's disrespectful to slate former players just because of their ability, they're humans after all who may read these pages. Fair enough if it's someone who disrespected the club either whilst here or afterwards then it's fair game but it doesn't feel right to call out players that were once a part of the club we love just because they weren't good. After all we were absolutely shite as a club for many many years, so the level of player available was relative. Slating players during moments of emotion e.g. after a bad game is one thing but having a whole thread listing our worst players seems bad taste

But I guess it's a free world and a free forum so each to their own :-)
Don't see why you should get pelters for it.
I agree with you - this thread is a little sad in a way.
The only players I'd put in here were one's who clearly didn't give a shit and never put in a shift - lack of ability in some of the situations we were in comes in a very distant second!

Don't see why you should get pelters for it.
I agree with you - this thread is a little sad in a way.
The only players I'd put in here were one's who clearly didn't give a shit and never put in a shift - lack of ability in some of the situations we were in comes in a very distant second!
Surely, though, saying that players weren't very good is fair comment. We aren't attacking them as people, just rating them as footballers, just as saying Merlin was great is a fair judgment of a player's ability. So we can reasonably say that some of those mentioned did not have the quality required, according to our judgment.

Steve Daley has basically made a living for over 30 years, laughing and joking about how shit he was for City, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t be allowed to join in.

Surely, though, saying that players weren't very good is fair comment. We aren't attacking them as people, just rating them as footballers, just as saying Merlin was great is a fair judgment of a player's ability. So we can reasonably say that some of those mentioned did not have the quality required, according to our judgment.
Yeah but are we rating them like for like in some cases?
We're on a very different planet these days, and I wonder if some judgements are clouded

The choice is huge but top of my list Cristian Neguaie, followed by Bobby Shinton. I'd also like to vote for my dad who is long gone and add Mike Wash for him.
Christian Negouai!!! Remember him well. Think he's still the only premier league player to be sent off in his only appearance. Utter garbage and a complete nutter to boot

Steve Daley has basically made a living for over 30 years, laughing and joking about how shit he was for City, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t be allowed to join in.
Steve Daley was a decent player but the fee paid was outrageous and he wilted under the pressure of it.

Christian Negouai!!! Remember him well. Think he's still the only premier league player to be sent off in his only appearance. Utter garbage and a complete nutter to boot
That deal stunk of dodginess.

KK getting a nice little pension filler?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.