Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

It’s crap ain’t it and we have to wait for over a month to get it out of the system and play another game.

it slightly concerns me that we played Fulham and Brentford at home and have managed to take 3 points for them two fixtures? Add in to the fact that it was a 95th minute penalty that the keeper should really have saved to even beat Fulham? No disrespect but we should have SMASHED both of them teams at home and the lack of quality and energy at times is worrying compared to the derby performance which is the level this team should be at week in week out imo.

it slightly concerns me that we played Fulham and Brentford at home and have managed to take 3 points for them two fixtures? Add in to the fact that it was a 95th minute penalty that the keeper should really have saved to even beat Fulham? No disrespect but we should have SMASHED both of them teams at home and the lack of quality and energy at times is worrying compared to the derby performance which is the level this team should be at week in week out imo.

The shape of the team doesn’t look right at the moment with too many centre halves on the pitch. Stones is never a right back but is being asked to do it and then we have Cancelo on the other side who has regressed from what he has done over the previous two seasons. I think Haaland doing so well has hidden some of the issues that need improving after the World Cup. We are still in the mix and can hopefully go up another gear in the new year.

I've put it to bed.
Every team has had these results in the first half of the season, we needed this break as we was running on empty.
I think teams have gone for it for the first 19 games and tried to get as many points on the board as possible, the next 19 after the break will be completely different.

I've put it to bed.
Every team has had these results in the first half of the season, we needed this break as we was running on empty.
I think teams have gone for it for the first 19 games and tried to get as many points on the board as possible, the next 19 after the break will be completely different.
19 games??

It is always difficult to understand why struggle against teams we are expected to beat. At HT, it's clear the team are not performing as expected. I take it for granted that Pep, and his coaching staff, have analysed the problem to be either tactics and/or one or more under-performing players. Pep has the responsibility to change either, or both. After a presumed HT bollocking, if the level is still not as he demands, then, excluding the GK, he can literally change half the team with a bench of world-class plyers. Surely worth a try if nothing else is working? At the end, after the loss, I'm left wondering why he chose not to.
He brought on Alvarez who did as instructed it would appear, (ie give the ball to Haaland), rather than try to create a chance for himself.
The tactic nearly worked but for Erling having a Stevie G moment...

If only football was that simple.

It’s just one defeat and this team have proved time after time, they’re more than capable of coming back strongly after a defeat. I remember end of October 2021 and losing to Palace 0-2. Went 5 points behind Chelsea that day and I’d imagine there was plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth after that game, with the usual calling out of the manager and most of the players.
Season turned out ok after all.

I shall. Laters.

No doubt we will lock horns again the next time we don’t win and you have seen it in your tea leaves.

Until then, no doubt you’ll pop on pre match threads worried we might not win and then fall silent 74% of the time when Pep has got it right again. 9% higher than every other manager ever in the PL.
Usually at the game mate so don't have time to post before hand. FYI I usually don't give a fuck, go with the flow and just trust Pep. With the players we have rotation is going to happen and most times the 'mixing and matching' are as good as each other but we have obviously lost some of these games too. If you seriously think I was the only person who questioned playing Gundo in holding midfield for the CL final when he hadn't done it all season, left KDB out at Spurs, Sterling at Anfield, Lyon 3-5-2 all in Europe, Grealish when he was showing a bit of form and Saturdays unbalanced line-up with token late changes then fine but I don't think I'm the only Nostradamus who might have doubted the team selection in any of these games. Just out of interest did you think in all or any of the games mentioned above Pep made the right call?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.