Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

it slightly concerns me that we played Fulham and Brentford at home and have managed to take 3 points for them two fixtures? Add in to the fact that it was a 95th minute penalty that the keeper should really have saved to even beat Fulham? No disrespect but we should have SMASHED both of them teams at home and the lack of quality and energy at times is worrying compared to the derby performance which is the level this team should be at week in week out imo.
There are many performances where , as a team, we dont get out of 2nd gear. Often thats enough. And its usually against the weaker teams that we come unstuck with it

Usually at the game mate so don't have time to post before hand. FYI I usually don't give a fuck, go with the flow and just trust Pep. With the players we have rotation is going to happen and most times the 'mixing and matching' are as good as each other but we have obviously lost some of these games too. If you seriously think I was the only person who questioned playing Gundo in holding midfield for the CL final when he hadn't done it all season, left KDB out at Spurs, Sterling at Anfield, Lyon 3-5-2 all in Europe, Grealish when he was showing a bit of form and Saturdays unbalanced line-up with token late changes then fine but I don't think I'm the only Nostradamus who might have doubted the team selection in any of these games. Just out of interest did you think in all or any of the games mentioned above Pep made the right call?
It’s Thursday. I’ve moved on, you should too.

There are many performances where , as a team, we dont get out of 2nd gear. Often thats enough. And its usually against the weaker teams that we come unstuck with it
Agree with this. A number of times this season we haven't played with much intensity until we go behind. Seems like we fully expect a moment of quality will make the breakthrough at some point (which it often does) and whilst controlling possession we're not moving the ball quickly.
We're currently conceding a goal a game which isn't dreadful- if you take into account however we often have over 2/3rds of the ball it makes that stat a bit more concerning. We know teams are going to be parking the bus and it means we're having to score twice generally to secure victory. We're making it harder for ourselves by not coming out with intent on getting the early goal and forcing the opposition to be a bit more expansive and then picking them off with more space on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.