Any boiler engineers on here?

Since the fault has just appeared, i would saying a "missing" link on 4-5 would indicate a control board/wiring failure.
That is of course assuming the link or cable connector for 4-5 hasn't come out.

Phone British Gas (or go online)
Pay the £75 call out fee. Sign up for the £15 per month boiler cover.
They will fix any fault (within reason) and warranty the boiler for 12 months.
Two day wait at the moment though.

The valve may have not gone into the open position?? I’ve had that at mine and my Mum & Dad’s recently.
Sorry mate what do you mean by this?

When I turn the thermostat into "manual" and set a temp I can hear the boiler try to start up and it whirs for a bit then just does nothing. If I put the hot water tap on, same thing.

Since the fault has just appeared, i would saying a "missing" link on 4-5 would indicate a control board/wiring failure.
That is of course assuming the link or cable connector for 4-5 hasn't come out.

Phone British Gas (or go online)
Pay the £75 call out fee. Sign up for the £15 per month boiler cover.
They will fix any fault (within reason) and warranty the boiler for 12 months.
Two day wait at the moment though.
Cheers mate, I had never even looked at boiler cover before. Seems a lot of them have an exclusion period where you have to wait for 30 days before you can claim, is british gas different?

Just had a look from the outside, doesn't look frozen although difficult to tell as can't see all the way through!
A hairdryer should be sufficient to defrost the inside part of the pipe and with an extension lead, even the outside.
If I was nearer I'd lend you mine, that said as it's not been used since 2006 it may not be working.

Edit: when mine froze over I couldn't see anything either, I.e. there wasn't an icicle at the end, hence heating the pipe up.

A hairdryer should be sufficient to defrost the inside part of the pipe and with an extension lead, even the outside.
If I was nearer I'd lend you mine, that said as it's not been used since 2006 it may not be working.

Edit: when mine froze over I couldn't see anything either, I.e. there wasn't an icicle at the end, hence heating the pipe up.
Thanks mate, will give it a try tomorrow and see how I get on. Just going to have to suffer the cold tonight.

Sorry mate what do you mean by this?

When I turn the thermostat into "manual" and set a temp I can hear the boiler try to start up and it whirs for a bit then just does nothing. If I put the hot water tap on, same thing.
Not an expert and in fact the polar opposite, but that is the pump

My parents have just had almost identical problem, same symptoms, but they have no error codes on their boiler..They have a service contract with BG and vulnerable so they came out same day. They engineer figured out it was the fan as when he bypassed the fan it started working..ordered the fan, came next day, fitted it and problem persisted..he was stumped but in the end realised there was a leak onto the pump where the hot water tank sits which was causing a short. Fortunately had one in his van..Good luck..Always happens this time of year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.