United (A) | Post Match Thread

He has built a squad that is brilliant yet limited.We rely soley on a bunch of 10's doing the business,and when they dont or when they smother each others space and contribution we have no plan B.

What he has got against pace and direct wingers is fucking strange.
I noticed on the left they were in each others way Foden,Cancelo and Bernardo same when Grealish came on everyone comes inside.

We’re going through a bad patch. Every team does every season. Sometimes you just have to get back to basics and try grind out a result until the football starts to click again. We did that in this game. We’d got ahead, and while not blasting United off the park like we did in the previous derby, we deserved the lead.

That was until the ref-VAR industrial complex decided that United should have a goal for nothing. That’s a tough blow for an out of form team to take. Yes, we’ve played better, the passing is off, the play seems slow… that happens and you need to play through it as best you can, but when you get cheated like today there’s not a lot more the team can do.

Results breed confidence which breeds performance and it becomes a virtuous circle. We were robbed of the result today.

I mean,

Who is actually taking that result seriously?

We dominated them. They are shit. Absolutely terrible. Fred is a crash test dummy the rest are zombies. And the only way they were gonna get anything was with a shocking ref decision. That’s exactly what they got. Is that a surprise? Is it balls. It’s ingrained in the premier league. The theatre of dreams bollocks.

We played ok, not amazing but then our form says that wouldn’t be the case, but c’mon they are bobbins. To a man.

Enjoy it blues.

We are above them and still will be come may.

He makes no attempt to play the ball (we are quoting the same thing BTW).

Why cant the defenders make a tackle...he doesnt block them

Ederson is not impeded....Rashford does not stop Ederson moving towards the ball (which is what it says)

Yes I agree as Ive said numours times....Rashford affected the decision making of Akanji and Walker.....but he did nothing to physically stop them playing the ball and thats what the law implies.....
So Ederson comes flying out and wipes Rashford out just before he steps over the ball because in that position you assume he’s going for the ball, the fucking rule is crazy and as has been said in the past if Rashford touched the ball and Ederson smashes him and breaks his leg Ederson would not be sent off as Rashford was offside so the tackle doesn’t count. They can’t have it both ways.

Akanji wasn't getting to him because he believed he was offside and didn't think he was an issue.The panic and severity only set in when play was allowed to continue and it was becoming clear a second phase was developing,by that stage our defenders were not in a situation to retrieve the situation.

Rashford didnt prevent them from reaching the ball,they just never believed they had to because he was in an offside position.
Confusion all round including the officials who decided to take the path of least resistance

I’d be very quick to criticize Pep but he did well with the selection but unfortunately the officiating was terribly biased. It was always going to be a cagey affair hence people saying that we just had one shot on target should understand. Had we gone gung-go and conceded a couple, fans would tear the team managers apart.

I think we should have done better with management of the team when we went one up as players began to tire. Other than that and the **** of the referee, I think we did fine.

I am genuinely concerned about our attackers. I know Grealish had a great cameo but the issue has always been his ability to make sure that these kind of performances are not few are far between. This applies to Mahrez maybe to a larger extent. I thought he was very poor today as Malacia had him on toast. In previous seasons, Foden had been our go to guy in attack but he seems badly off now and the team is suffering from it. Sadly there’s no one who is holding down a position. Makes you wonder if Haaland was a good decision. I hope it turns out well but we need to do something really quick.

Was Gundogan going to be the Messiah or Laporte or Alvarez? If you say yes, you need to show me how because these guys have also been playing all season.

He makes no attempt to play the ball (we are quoting the same thing BTW).

Why cant the defenders make a tackle...he doesnt block them

Ederson is not impeded....Rashford does not stop Ederson moving towards the ball (which is what it says)

Yes I agree as Ive said numours times....Rashford affected the decision making of Akanji and Walker.....but he did nothing to physically stop them playing the ball and thats what the law implies.....
The rule says even blocking line of sight is enough to interfere with play. It’s not a high bar. Do you think we’d have got away with that if the situation was reversed?

I’d be very quick to criticize Pep but he did well with the selection but unfortunately the officiating was terribly biased. It was always going to be a cagey affair hence people saying that we just had one shot on target should understand. Had we gone gung-go and conceded a couple, fans would tear the team managers apart.

I think we should have done better with management of the team when we went one up as players began to tire. Other than that and the **** of the referee, I think we did fine.

I am genuinely concerned about our attackers. I know Grealish had a great cameo but the issue has always been his ability to make sure that these kind of performances are not few are far between. This applies to Mahrez maybe to a larger extent. I thought he was very poor today as Malacia had him on toast. In previous seasons, Foden had been our go to guy in attack but he seems badly off now and the team is suffering from it. Sadly there’s no one who is holding down a position. Makes you wonder if Haaland was a good decision. I hope it turns out well but we need to do something really quick.

Was Gundogan going to be the Messiah or Laporte or Alvarez? If you say yes, you need to show me how because these guys have also been playing all season.
Would rather we had gone gung ho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.