Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

He is made for counter attacking teams. We are not that. Silly idea getting him from the off. Before any shout easy to say now this has been thought before we got him. Basically getting 9 great players to change their game! In weeks!!
wrong. he is not made for counter attacking. he is made for fast paced one touch movement teams. for example Haaland will be sensational in this Brighton team

we play in triangles, balls over the top seems alien to us when a pass into the nearest player be it backwards or sideways is on.

wrong. he is not made for counter attacking. he is made for fast paced one touch movement teams. for example Haaland will be sensational in this Brighton team
Needs space behind really..so counter attcking..look at his goals internationally...and a lot for Dortmund against big teams..so i rthink im right and yourvwrong..but its just an opinion.

Many of our players are safe and lack leadership,they are content to stay in a comfort zone and go through the motions,we lack personality on the pitch IMO.

We need to recruit some more aggression and directness,find players who will take agame by the scruff and inspire those around them.

This is down to management.
Also i do think we have quality to play him in. BUT these passes are much harder sayv 20 to 30 % success rate... pep needs to accept this risk

Needs space behind really..so counter attcking..look at his goals internationally...and a lot for Dortmund against big teams..so i rthink im right and yourvwrong..but its just an opinion.

I agree tbf and said to my old fella he might be more effective in CL KO stages when teams aren’t parking the bus against us

He made some brilliant runs yesterday,there were at least half a dozen situations wher the early ball into him would have caused havoc.....yet he was completely ignored in favour of the safe sideways pass elsewhere.

Agreed. We have definitely taken a huge step toward the cautious and instead of trying those quick incisive balls that he thrives on, we are starving the poor kid.

I think it stems from how easy we are to be got at on the counter which is frankly pathetic from a team of highly paid top class professionals.

Agreed. We have definitely taken a huge step toward the cautious and instead of trying those quick incisive balls that he thrives on, we are starving the poor kid.

I think it stems from how easy we are to be got at on the counter which is frankly pathetic from a team of highly paid top class professionals.
In football you cant really have everything. Id go for risk andcreward now. Take on thr risky ball for Haaland..and yes we woll get countered sometimes but i bet we'd win 5 : 3

Reactions: TFC
He is made for counter attacking teams. We are not that. Silly idea getting him from the off. Before any shout easy to say now this has been thought before we got him. Basically getting 9 great players to change their game! In weeks!!
But he has still scored 27 goals so the team must have been doing something right before this run of games. The great majority of them not coming from counters.

Stop worrying about the opposition because you win fuck all by being too cautious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.