United (A) | Post Match Thread

Still think Akanji has been given a free pass for the second goal and Walker not much better. How was Rashford actually stood on his own on the 6 yard box.
I said yesterday during the game Akanji looked suspect. He’s good on the ball but seems a bit lost at times. We had our three first choice centre backs out. Shit happens.

According to Phil McNulty on the BBC website, the rags have morphed into 1970s Brazil. Ah well, it was nice whilst it lasted.

Watched the game again this morning......yeah i know i am a sadist.

Not going to go on about that abomination of a goal that was allowed to stand. It changed the game.

Still.......It was evident to me watching that first half again. We were playing well within our selves. The focus being on Ball retention and obsessively keeping possession. Nullifying the Rags threat. Players always passing to the side, and back. Watch Bernado closely he sees Haaland run after a quick pass, zero interest from Bernado backwards goes the pass.

That is not accident. This is the team being sent out by the manager purely to focus on getting to half time 0-0 and go on from there second half. Wasting a full half playing slow, dull, insipid robotic football. It is awful football, cowardly as well. Unbelievably We were playing with fear to contain the Rags.

Many would rather blame the players than the manager.

How are they supposed to to change the game when Pep is obsessed more with retaining possession at all costs ?.Look at the players faces when they make a shit pass,they look terrified, they are playing with anxiety rather than flair.

2 games with virtually zero shots on goal, is both incredible, and criminal, given our talent..

Why even bother playing Haaland if the game plan is to simply grind out first half defensively against a shit Rag side who only threat is Trashford.That was there only threat, and he couldn't even nullify that.

Then we finish the game with a World Cup winning striker Alvarez still sat on the Bench.

It is like Pep sulks, and becomes incapable of thinking logically when it is not going his way. It is not a one off either. Every Champions League campaign ends the same way.

I am worried he is unravelling, and a few players have had enough playing his style.

We need to up our game against Spurs or another defeat is nailed on.

Keep hearing this arguement without people actually acknowledging that most teams put 10 behind the ball against us.
Brighton were great yesterday because the Dippers came to attack, not sit back for 90 mins and try the odd counter.

The football is fine, we need more tempo and intensity.
People can’t seem to get their heads round this lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.