City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

You could still sign for as long as you want, just the transfer fee amortised over max of 5 years at the time of signing.

Nothing stopping an extension after that.

Whilst I think any effect on City is minimum, the same with these levers Barca pulled, I don’t think UEFA should get involved unless someone fails.

They should be allowed to run their business as they wish and it is not an unfair advantage, anyone can do this.

I think City’s view would be quite relaxed, might help a bit with FFP short term but long term it will not, so whether the investment short term is worth it is that clubs choice.

Just strikes me as someone’s unhappy and ran off to UEFA to complain, I think they massively overstep their boundaries on what they should/ should not be doing.
I would imagine Arsenal aren’t too happy about it

It makes no sense.
Amortisation / annualising of costs is standard accountancy practice and even if you were to deviate into financial fantasy and write say 6 years of known costs off in 5 years, you can’t count the costs twice so you’d then report nothing in the 6th year.

You could always keep two sets of books. City have already been accused of dual accounting to get around FFP.

You could always keep two sets of books. City have already been accused of dual accounting to get around FFP.

I’m supposing that a requirement to, as example, write down 6 years of outgoings / losses in 5 years would also mean that you’d need to report 6 years of income / profits in the same 5 year period ;-)

It's a bit of a none story really, as we have hardly ever signed players on longer than 5 years (the young lad today is 5 1/2 years, but I think that is mainly down to it being January), it might bugger chelsea, who do it, but who cares on that ?

It won’t affect us but what is annoying - to say the least - is that the rules won’t be applied retrospectively to punish the culprits - and so Chelsea benefit yet again (just as the did during the Abramovich era when they spent a fortune thus making UEFA bring in FFP to stop the new “rich” clubs spending big).

It won’t affect Chelsea at all because they’ll finish the big spending by end of Jan

Why can’t UEFA see that they are punishing the rest of Europe & not the perpetrators

Reactions: kun
It won’t affect us but what is annoying - to say the least - is that the rules won’t be applied retrospectively to punish the culprits - and so Chelsea benefit yet again (just as the did during the Abramovich era when they spent a fortune thus making UEFA bring in FFP to stop the new “rich” clubs spending big).

It won’t affect Chelsea at all because they’ll finish the big spending by end of Jan

Why can’t UEFA see that they are punishing the rest of Europe & not the perpetrators
Happened to Chelsea twice.

They had no financial constraints at all during the original Abramovich splurge.

Reactions: CC1
This so-called new change in the rules in FFP is just going to do one thing ? make me laugh, hahahah
There is nothing within the powers of any governing bodies that can stop investment, and why would they,

It's an open market for clubs, it's modern day football even for United and Liverpool who are looking for new owners, because of the Modern game we have got the best league in the world, this week I was watching a live stream from the USA, it was presented from a fan's park at Disney World ? packed to the hills with fans, all sort of fans because of the Premier League having the best clubs and players,

So what you are saying is that even though Chelsea haven’t broken any rules as they stand, because FIFA are changing the rules now they should go back and punish Chelsea cause they didn’t have a crystal ball and weren’t aware that the rules would change in the future ???

Genius !!

This so-called new change in the rules in FFP is just going to do one thing ? make me laugh, hahahah
There is nothing within the powers of any governing bodies that can stop investment, and why would they,

It's an open market for clubs, it's modern day football even for United and Liverpool who are looking for new owners, because of the Modern game we have got the best league in the world, this week I was watching a live stream from the USA, it was presented from a fan's park at Disney World ? packed to the hills with fans, all sort of fans because of the Premier League having the best clubs and players,
And a few clubs want to destroy it for their own agenda.

Football has never been better, City, Leicester, Arsenal (Maybe), lfc (Did they?), Chelsea, Utd have all won the PL since "Dirty oil money" came flowing in. Newcastle soon too.

It beats the days when it was ONLY utd or arsenal, for over a decade.

So what you are saying is that even though Chelsea haven’t broken any rules as they stand, because FIFA are changing the rules now they should go back and punish Chelsea cause they didn’t have a crystal ball and weren’t aware that the rules would change in the future ???

Genius !!
No. But maybe they should tell all clubs that in 2023/24 season (ie next season) these new rules will be brought in thus giving all other clubs the chance to do what Chelsea have done with no repercussions

However, using your comments - back in 2012ish UEFA had no qualms moving the goalposts to enable them to “investigate” City re wages & our accounts AFTER they had told us we would be within the new rules. The result was we fell foul of new rules AFTER they had been brought in & we all know what followed. So, whilst I don’t condone UEFA’s inability to run the game fairly, I just want consistency in their decisions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.